Komplete Kontrol don't install

hmarkstrom
hmarkstrom Member Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2023 in Native Access

Someting has happend with the installation of the lateset version of Komlete Kontrol in Windows. First it took days and it din't finished the installation. Only the icon of Komplete Kontrol is gone. Every time I started Native Acces Komplete Kontrol started the installation but if you check what was happend with the installation nothing was happend. Today it is even worse. It download the update and after a short while it says that the istallation i finished but in Native Acces it says "Install" for Komplete Kontrol all the time.

To bad when this happend that we can't dowlond the latest version and try to intall it and get what is wrong.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 237 Advisor

try launching native access as admin

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,573 Expert
    edited May 2023

You do not have any details about your system/os version posted or in your profile, always good to post your system details when having a software issue (or what version of Windows you are on). There is space in your profile to fill this in so people can try help, otherwise not much help will come.

• hmarkstrom
    edited May 2023

It is Windows 10 with 16 GB memory and an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz. Have had the Komplete since version 8.

Running the installation as admin didn't change anything. I delete most of Komplete Kontroll installed on the computer just to se if that would make the installation work.

If anyone know where Native Access put the installation I would be pleased because I can't find it.

• sauliusgur
    sauliusgur Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same issue here. It says ''instaled'' on NI app, but every time i try delete it via add/remove programs (error occurs that windows can't find Komplete Control Pc setup.exe ) or NI app, nothing happens. It just keeps installing for days.

• hmarkstrom

Clean Installation: If you have previously attempted to install Komplete Kontrol and encountered errors, it's recommended to perform a clean installation. Uninstall any existing installations of Komplete Kontrol and remove any associated files or folders. Then, download the latest version of Komplete Kontrol from the Native Instruments website and install it from scratch.

Ok how do you do that?

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @hmarkstrom

Please quit / force quit Native Access and restart your computer.

Next, try installing the product via the following link: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cQ12F0WSoyqYa8YOdu4FzjxKAv9MYj2B/view?usp=share_link

Finally, relaunch Native Access so that it can correctly authorise. 

If the issue persists, please let us know. 

• hmarkstrom

I installed the Komplete Kontrol in the link. It went fine. In Native Access Komplete Kontrol was not installed. So I installed it but someting went wrong. The Komplete Kontro icon was deleted. Try again and this time I checked everything and this time all went as expected. It installed Komplete Kontrol and in Native Access it is "Installed". I never rebooted.

• Greg Busby
    Greg Busby Member Posts: 9 Member

I suspect there are corrupt files on my computer preventing me from updating Komplete Kontrol. Every time there is an update in Native Access it gets stuck on Installing (with the Left to Right bouncing light), Komplete Kontrol is gone and Windows asks if I want to delete the shortcut.

I can find the downloaded zip file that Native Access downloads during the update but running that update gives a message that the program isn't on my computer and I need to download the program first, or something like that.

Uninstall, reinstall, restart the computer, try Native Access again, download from the Google Drive link above to get Komplete Kontrol 2.9.3, Native Access says there is an update and if I try that the whole "stuck during install" scenario starts all over again. Nothing I have found in these forums provides a reliable and consistent solution to this problem.

Where are the instructions for a complete, fresh install that will allow Native Access to perform all updates and installs properly?

• Greg Busby
    Greg Busby Member Posts: 9 Member

Finally got Komplete Kontrol to update, running 3.0.2

But, now my Kontrol S61 is greyed out and not connecting to Komplete Kontrol. This is so very frustrating!

• MEGCLECTIC MUSIC
    MEGCLECTIC MUSIC Member Posts: 33 Member

I have the same problem. I just used my S61 a few weeks ago with everything running fine. I then updated my KK to the latest version and all my plugins work, but my controller is greyed out and not even recognized or found on my computer. I uninstalled KK3, reinstalled the 2.9 and nothing has changed. I've been working on this all day and it's very frustrating.

• hmarkstrom

To me it seems like they don't support the oldest Kontrol Sxx anymore in Komplete Kontrol which is confusing because I have worked with IT until I retired and keeping code for old things isn’t to hard to do.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,541 mod

If you refer to the MK1 then , yes it has been declared EOL , here is a link to the post with FAQ and links ! : Komplete Kontrol S series MK1 keyboards End Of Life !

• hmarkstrom

EOL does not mean that newer program could not support them or is it hard pro make program for EOL keyboard and newer keyboard. As worked with IT and have made program I find it hard to understand that becuse it make some people angry when program don't support old keyboard.

Don't change code that support older keybord when building new program and make people happy.

• Kvesti
    Kvesti Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    I have same problem as original poster. Where I can find latest version of installation package?