Maschine 2.15.1 to 2.16

Options
Rob601
Rob601 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

If I upgrade to Maschine 2.16 and I don't like it would I still be able downgrade and if I downgrade what are some downsides? (e.g. loss of samples, projects, VSTs). When I downgrade will I gain access to my VST2s too? Because what I understand I lose my VST2s only be able to access my VST3s and AUs correct? I need to know because I am considering upgrade but I cannot any of projects or sounds.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

No. You don't lose VST2 by updating, it wasn't removed.

You can always downgrade, ⚠️ but note that not all Maschine versions are retro compatible, meaning a project saved in a newer version might not open in an older version. There is not list of what versions work with each other.

You can copy your Maschine .app + your PlugIns in a backup folder, then if you need to revert back to the older version simply copy it back to overwrite the latest version.

NI does not provide a list of all versions to download, but you can ask support for an install file.

Personally, I never had any update break Maschine in nearly a decade of using it, I have no idea how so many people have issues.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Options

Latest Maschine version is 2.17, so NA will update to this.

VST2 plugins are still accessible

You can downgrade only if you still have the 2.15 installer laying around somewhere in your computer

What could happen is that if you create a new project with 2.17 once you revert to 2.15 the newly created projects won’t open

• Rob601
    Options

Is there a link to a 2.15 installer just in case?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Options

No. They stopped putting new installation files in the site long ago. The last one for Maschine in the following linked page is 2.6.8. They want us to be tied to use Native Access. That’s why I told you “if you still have the 2.15 installer laying around somewhere in your computer”

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

No. You don't lose VST2 by updating, it wasn't removed.

You can always downgrade, ⚠️ but note that not all Maschine versions are retro compatible, meaning a project saved in a newer version might not open in an older version. There is not list of what versions work with each other.

You can copy your Maschine .app + your PlugIns in a backup folder, then if you need to revert back to the older version simply copy it back to overwrite the latest version.

NI does not provide a list of all versions to download, but you can ask support for an install file.

Personally, I never had any update break Maschine in nearly a decade of using it, I have no idea how so many people have issues.

• Rob601
    Options

Has this issue that is discussed in the following discussion (see the link below) been resolved in 2.17? Because I go through the exact issue in my version of MASCHINE that we just discussed. That is why I am considering upgrading the software. I just don't want ruin any of my plugins or projects.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/5885/every-time-i-hit-the-duplicate-button-my-maschine-mk3-and-maschine-2-program-crashes