Invalid serial number message

Mkelly0000
Mkelly0000 Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

I just purchased an S88 mk2. Installed Native access and it won't let me add the keyboard serial number to register it. My service ticket has not been responded to yet. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,626 mod
    Answer ✓

@Mkelly0000 I see that my colleagues got back to you and now everything is working.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,258 Expert
    edited May 2023

Did you buy it new or second hand?

If it’s new, it must be a technical problem and I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for the ticket to be answered (I’m waiting for one too, as many of us…)

If it’s second hand it could be that the previous owner didn’t ask for a License transfer (but it should tell you that the serial is already registered under another account)

• Mkelly0000

New. Just purchased it.

• LostInFoundation

Did it come with a paper inside the box providing the serial number or just printed under the device itself?

• Mkelly0000

I've got the printed card, it matched up with the keyboard serial number. Could it be an installed software issue. I installed Kontact player, Reaktor etc. Prior to entering the serial number. Did I do this out of sequence?

• LostInFoundation

I don’t think so. The serial should register anyway

• Mkelly0000

I was hoping it might have been that. Oddly enough there isn't an Uninstaller option in Native Access. I'll have to look into going that route. I can't screw up hardware that isn't installed right? I appreciate the help!

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Mkelly0000 I see that my colleagues got back to you and now everything is working.

• Mkelly0000

They did. I don't see the full version of Kontact 7 though? Thought that was included in Standard.

• Jeremy_NI

@Mkelly0000 You should simply reinstall Kontakt 7, it will change the flavor from Player to Full version.