Custom komplete kontrol instance names

BenignChase
BenignChase Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

When navigating a project with the komplete kontrol keyboard, I can have multiple instances of very similar plugins which makes it confusing (ex: I use The giant in part of a song and the maverick in another or I use a Massive instance for a lead synth and another for a pad).

Could I name my komplete kontrol instances with custom names? This way I would’t have to guess which instances do what every time I navigate them.

For example I would love to name an instance “Chorus Lead Synth” and another “Bridge Hollow Pad”.

Is this already possible? If not, could this feature be added to a newer version of Komplete Kontrol?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

Is there no way to label instances of plugins in MainStage?

it’s really a DAW thing since the DAW is what assigns the name to the plug-in. Have not used MS but most other daws have the ability to name plugins

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

This should depend from your DAW ability to rename tracks and not from KK itself. And usually all the DAWs allow to rename tracks. Which one are you using?

• BenignChase
    BenignChase Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I use MainStage

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

Is there no way to label instances of plugins in MainStage?

it’s really a DAW thing since the DAW is what assigns the name to the plug-in. Have not used MS but most other daws have the ability to name plugins