Moving Komplete 12 UCE to a New PC

adEY08394
adEY08394 Member Posts: 49 Member

When moving Komplete 12 UCE to a new PC with different model hardware, can I just remove the C drive (that contains the Komplete 12 UCE installation) from my old PC and put it in the new PC?

Will Komplete 12 UCE still be registered on the new PC or did the registration process on the old PC connect a piece of the hardware to the Komplete 12 UCE installation, in which case I would need to reregister Komplete 12 UCE on the new PC?

If the registration process does connect a piece of hardware to the Komplete 12 UCE installation, what hardware does it register?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,295 mod
    Answer ✓

Uninstalling and installing on the new computer should be fine. You can always contact our registration agents if having any issue: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I guess nobody here knows, what HW elements of computer are registered in SW registration.....

It seems to me it is not RAM and disc. I am pretty sure that when I changed memory in my old notebook reregistration has not been needed.

My guess is that moving hard disc with NI SW installation to a new computer would not work...

But no problem to make new registration of SW on new computer.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro
    edited May 2023

"When moving Komplete 12 UCE to a new PC with different model hardware, can I just remove the C drive (that contains the Komplete 12 UCE installation) from my old PC and put it in the new PC?"

As that's probably the system drive: Don't do it. You will most definitely get into trouble with that. Drivers, software activations which might be tied to the machine etc. Do yourself a favour, and do a clean new install, unless you're looking for trouble.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,295 mod
    Answer ✓

Uninstalling and installing on the new computer should be fine. You can always contact our registration agents if having any issue: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA