How can I rename a Bankname in Massive so it has a different label than the file folder?

Lowkus
Lowkus Member Posts: 27 Member
edited May 2023 in Massive X & Synths

I bought some Massive presets and one of the folders loads into Massive under a different name than the folder in File Explorer. I can change that folder name in File Explorer but a rescan in Massive does not change that Bankname, it seems completely dissociated from the file system naming. So I am wondering how the Bankname can be changed in Massive so it no longer matches the file folder name.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023

Go into Attributes in the browser and the bank field is there, then resave. Used to be able to do this in a batch in Kore but that was long ago

• Kymeia

Btw I presume you meant Massive and not Massive X? If the latter then the answer is you can’t - which is also stupid but there it is

• Lowkus
    Lowkus Member Posts: 27 Member

Thanks, it looks like it'll be too much effort to change the bankname for all the presets so I'll just leave the name the way it is. I do own Kore2 but it will only load the *.ksd presets but I need to edit *.nmsv presets.

I wish NI would put effort into maintaining and improving older applications, and revive Kore in particular. NI has done so little the last several years I think they must have fired most of their developers. I guess on the positive side it opens up the opportunity for other people to start making VST's. If I didn't have a job that sucked up all my time I might try to create a program that would replace some of the dead NI applications.

• Kymeia

If it’s an older bank it may have a ksd version - if so change the bank name in Kore then import into Massive (will have to be earlier version though)

• Kymeia

NI seems to have a problem with users creating their own banknames - they seem to want to be the only ones allowed to author content