Native Access is completely broken

Options
Kylotan
Kylotan Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Every time I launched it recently (version 3.3.1) it would have to 'install dependencies'. Today, it got worse - it installed dependencies, and now gets stuck on a blank window:

It does this even after uninstalling and reinstalling - it pops up this window at the end of the installation process.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do if a reinstall is still broken. Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Isti_NI
    Isti_NI Customer Care Posts: 11 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

could you please try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue?

For Win:

First please delete the User Registry entries of Native Access and the NTKDaemon:

1. Click the Windows Start button at the bottom left side of your screen.
    2. Type "regedit" into the search field, then press Enter to open the Windows Registry Editor.
    3. In the Registry Editor, navigate the folder structure to this location and locate the folder for the NI product that is crashing:
    4. HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Native Instruments >
    5. Delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" entries

Next please clear the Native Access cache by deleting the following folders:

1. Click the Windows Start Button on the bottom left of your screen.
    2. Type %localappdata% and press Enter.
    3. This will open the following folder location: C: > Users > *Your User Name* > AppData > Local
    4. go into the Native Instruments directory and delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" folders

For Mac:

First please clear the Native Access cache by deleting the following folders:

1. Navigate to the following location: Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    2. Delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" folders

Next please delete the UserUser plist of Native Access and the NTKDaemon:

1. Navigate to the following location: Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Library > Preferences >
    2. Delete the com.native-instruments.Native Access.plist and com.native-instruments.NTKDaemon.plist
    3. restart your computer

Answers

• oldyella
    oldyella Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

No help I understand, but I have exactly the same issue after updating yesterday. I uninstalled and reinstalled using the installer from the website and it is the same result each time.

• KikkoAndMoonman
    KikkoAndMoonman Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Same issue here on Mac. Reinstalling does nothing, it's broken for my friends too. NI need to sort this ASAP. I literally can't add a new product I've bought that I need.

• Isti_NI
    Isti_NI Customer Care Posts: 11 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

could you please try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue?

For Win:

First please delete the User Registry entries of Native Access and the NTKDaemon:

1. Click the Windows Start button at the bottom left side of your screen.
    2. Type "regedit" into the search field, then press Enter to open the Windows Registry Editor.
    3. In the Registry Editor, navigate the folder structure to this location and locate the folder for the NI product that is crashing:
    4. HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Native Instruments >
    5. Delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" entries

Next please clear the Native Access cache by deleting the following folders:

1. Click the Windows Start Button on the bottom left of your screen.
    2. Type %localappdata% and press Enter.
    3. This will open the following folder location: C: > Users > *Your User Name* > AppData > Local
    4. go into the Native Instruments directory and delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" folders

For Mac:

First please clear the Native Access cache by deleting the following folders:

1. Navigate to the following location: Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    2. Delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" folders

Next please delete the UserUser plist of Native Access and the NTKDaemon:

1. Navigate to the following location: Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Library > Preferences >
    2. Delete the com.native-instruments.Native Access.plist and com.native-instruments.NTKDaemon.plist
    3. restart your computer

• Cliff_Dangers
    Cliff_Dangers Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

You can't be serious. You put out this product and now you want us all to go in and edit registry entries to get it to work properly? How about you fix your program? The real answer to how to fix this is uninstall and install NA 1 which works perfectly all day.