Does Liscence Transfer ID cost

LV426
LV426 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I recently bought a Maschine Studio, hasn't delivered yet. (Second hand)

Have read the literature about Transfer ID buyer&seller & I've only come across 1 instance for $69 about software liscence for hardware, which I'm still unclear about. It looks like 3 separate issues.

1.Transfer ID for the Maschine Studio Device. Cost?

2. Native Access

3. Software, I've seen several different versions on Ebay w/no serial. (Komplete)I'm assuming it's similar to hardware Transfer ID, I have yet to see anything on the cost to transfer on either soft or hardware.

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

If buying seconhand seller may pass you Transfer ID, or sometimes directly Licence Number.

Transfer ID is much more common, but sometimes, if licence transfer has to be processed by NI personel (and not automatically by IT system) NI unregisters SW/HW from sellers's account and Licence Code is free to be registered to new account.

But be carefull, sometimes people do not know, what is procedure to transfer licence and offer installation HD and Licence Code, but the Licence is still registered to account and it is not possible to register it to a new one. So, in case seller offers Licence Code, it is good to ask, why he does not offer Licence Transfer instead. And he should give sound explanation.

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,128 Expert
    edited May 2023

Requesting a License Transfer ID as a seller is free and so is importing said ID into your account as a buyer.

Be sure to check out this thread to learn more about license transfers:

EDIT: As for Native Access, you will need it in order to download your software.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,265 Expert
    edited May 2023

Not only it’s free, but both users (previous/new) get to keep/receive the bundled software(s), as specified in the article linked by Monochrome

• LV426
    LV426 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for intel & speedy service.

This software I was looking @ Komplete on NI HDD. So I buy software on HDD, then when I recv. It I do transfer ID, correct

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

If buying seconhand seller may pass you Transfer ID, or sometimes directly Licence Number.

Transfer ID is much more common, but sometimes, if licence transfer has to be processed by NI personel (and not automatically by IT system) NI unregisters SW/HW from sellers's account and Licence Code is free to be registered to new account.

But be carefull, sometimes people do not know, what is procedure to transfer licence and offer installation HD and Licence Code, but the Licence is still registered to account and it is not possible to register it to a new one. So, in case seller offers Licence Code, it is good to ask, why he does not offer Licence Transfer instead. And he should give sound explanation.