Will Kontakt 7 work for this project file?

victorzyin
victorzyin Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello,

I have a FL studio project file that uses Kontakt. Will the latest version of Kontakt work? I'm asking because on youtube videos I see that the plugin is called "Kontakt 7", yet on my flp, it says I'm missing "Kontakt".

Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,283 Expert

Kontakt (without number) was the name that was displayed for Kontakt 6. Did you use that version to build that project?

• victorzyin
    victorzyin Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I just tried, but still no luck. In my plugin list I see "Kontakt" (without number), but still shows as missing in my project flp. Does the subversion matter?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,283 Expert
    edited May 2023

Sorry, but I can’t answer. I don’t know what version of Kontakt you used for the project nor any other information.

In any case, I can give you some “general” answers.

About Kontakt “missing”: did you check in Native Access what is stated for it? Installed, demo mode, relocate? (You will also see there what version of Kontakt you have installed)

Does Kontakt open as standalone?

Does FL have a plugins “blacklist”? Did you try to make it rescan for plugins?

We need some more informations to find out what is happening in your case

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod
    edited May 2023

@victorzyin If Kontakt shows as just Kontakt and no version number. it means it is Kontakt 6. At some point decision was made to drop the versions altogether when Kontakt 6 was released but then the idea was dropped with Kontakt 7. Sorry, that sounds a bit awkward but that's the explanation. Kontakt 7 will not automatically replace Kontakt 6 in your old project.

Anyway, here is a link for the Windows version of Kontakt 6.7.1.

Hopefully the library requires only the Player version.