Do I have the right to upgrade to "Maschine 2 Software upgrade"?

Options
2»

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,288 Expert
    Options

Good suggestion about Summer of Sound.

The answer you give has been given to you by NI previously as official? Otherwise to be sure I would ask to NI support anyway, as I said in my first answer.

As you see, it’s a not so clear argument, since you too are confusing “upgrade to Maschine 2 software from Maschine 1”. It’s an update, not an upgrade. This is probably why you are right (an update is from a previous version to a newer version; an upgrade is from a “smaller” version to a better version), but better wait for their official answer

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 64 Helper
    edited May 2023
    Options

You got software Upgrade and Update nomenclature mixed up.

Software Upgrade refers to an increase in the numerical value of the major version number of the software: e.g Kontakt 6 to Kontakt 7; Windows 10 to Windows 11; macOS 12 (Monterey) to macOS 13 (Ventura); etc.

Software Update refers to an increase in the numerical value of the minor version number of the sofware: e.g. Kontakt 7.2.0 to Kontakt 7.3.0; macOS Ventura 13.2 to macOS Ventura 13.3; etc.

Most software has been using these nomenclature for a very long time to mean the above. In the past, there was exception: e.g Microspot MacDraft series software, but Microspot has chosen to follow the above versioning scheme since Version 8 of their software.

With all due respect, please do an internet search if you are not convinced.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023
    Options

If you say so…

Thank you anyway for the all due respect and for teaching me the internet search thing

We are talking about Native Instruments here, not other companies:

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

@victorp.sg is right obout meaning of upgrade/update in general meaning....

But NI uses different termonology. One gets free updates to minor versions and one buys Updates to higher version of Bundle or program. And Upgrade is used for buying bigger Bundle or for crossgrades from other products.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023
    Options

I know he is right and NI uses them differently, but we are talking about NI products here, so….

General meaning is for general things, NI meaning is for NI things

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,700 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

To answer the original question, you can simply check the page for the Maschine library upgrade here:

You can choose just to get the Factory Library update or get it with Komplete Select: