Velocity String Ensemble blocked

Options
Hauthril
Hauthril Member Posts: 5 Member

Good morning,

I've been stuck for several hours without finding a solution, especially since most of the media is in English, not easy for a Frenchman :)

On String Ensemble Symphony Series, the velocity is blocked at maximum, whatever the force of the keystroke on my keyboard and this problem is on "Sustain" and another.

Previously I had no problem, now I do. I don't know what I could have changed, but I did.

I looked in the "Articulation" option but to no avail.

The problem comes from this VSTi mentioned above because all the others on this same Cubase track, the velocity is present.

Any idea please?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Hauthril I checked again in standalone to be sure. By default, the velocity of the keys is only heard when playing staccatos, for longer notes, tremolos, it's handled by the dynamics/modwheel.

Before, I could play the keyboard with both hands and feel the velocity through my pressing the keys on my keyboard, now even if I press gently, the sound gives the impression of having pressed hard.

Is it only in Cubase or also in Kontakt in standalone? Is it with all articulations, even in Staccato?

In this library velocity can also be used to control which articulation is played, I'd recommend checking the manual of the library on this topic.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    edited May 2023
    Options

Did you try to lower the Expression and Dynamic (I see in your picture they are all turned up).

The Dynamic is also controlled by the Mod wheel of your keyboard controller. Are you sure you didn’t forgot it all the way up? ☺️

• Hauthril
    Options

Good morning,

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately the Dynamic button does not manage velocity.

Youjours concerned about this little problem that prevents my musical progress.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Hauthril The Dynamics button does manage velocity by default and is assiged to the modwheel. What keyboard do you have? If you move the modwheel, do you get different velcity/volume.

• Hauthril
    Options

Good morning,

So yes, the Dynamics button allows me to play note softness via my Arturia Key labs keyboard.

Before, I could play the keyboard with both hands and feel the velocity through my pressing the keys on my keyboard, now even if I press gently, the sound gives the impression of having pressed hard.

I no longer have the velocity on my midi keyboard keys and that only on this VSTi.

I try to find the feeling of the keyboard keys but in vain.

Thank you for support.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Hauthril I checked again in standalone to be sure. By default, the velocity of the keys is only heard when playing staccatos, for longer notes, tremolos, it's handled by the dynamics/modwheel.

Is it only in Cubase or also in Kontakt in standalone? Is it with all articulations, even in Staccato?

In this library velocity can also be used to control which articulation is played, I'd recommend checking the manual of the library on this topic.