Scarbee Jay Bass - Switching between slap and fingered mode

Jdubbs75
Jdubbs75 Member Posts: 28 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

I do not know if this is the right thread for this question but i am having trouble figuring out how to switch between slap and fingered mode on the jay bass. on the guide it says certain keys are key switches but when i try to press them nothing is switching. Does anybody know how to fix this issue. I have komplete 13 ultimate. Is there a certain scarbee library i have to download to get this to work or is it something simple. Kind of stuck here. Thank you guys.

Tagged:

Comments

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro
    edited February 2022

Each DAW translates the octave Count differently, for some strange reason. Try a different octave to find the keyswitches

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited February 2022

America: C4 is middle C

Germany/Europe: C3 is middle C

Outliers: Cakewalk and FL Studio think C5 is middle C

Some DAWs give you the option to change the octave offset.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

Is this about regions?

Because Reaper, e.g., could not locate the keyswitches of a Spitfire Audio library I owned until I used a different octave. So that would be because Reaper is US and SA is British?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

More like, Kontakt uses German/European C3 = middle C, and Reaper is C4 = middle C by default.

• Jdubbs75
    Jdubbs75 Member Posts: 28 Member

awesome thank you guys!

• chordbeing
    chordbeing Member Posts: 4 Member

Dear folks,

My problem is that I do press the right key switches, but I can not keep j bass on slapp. It randomly jumps to thumb? Does anybody know how to keep it in slapp mode?

Very respectfully,

pete