How do I reinstall a missing VST?

somestupidguitarist
somestupidguitarist Member Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

Hi All,

I'm using Session Horns in one of my projects in my DAW (Reaper) and I apparently accidentally deleted the VST (see screenshot below). So when I play my file in the DAW, none of the horn parts are working because it's looking for the VST. I do still have the VST3 installed. But when I switch to that, it's still not working. How can I reinstall the VST file?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

You don't have to download Kontakt again. You simply need to go to your account on Native Instruments to see the list of plugins you own and specify you want to download the specific library again through Native Access.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

If you mean that you deleted it from the original download location on your computer then you will have to download Kontakt again. Unless the file has been moved to the trash and can be restored.

• somestupidguitarist
    somestupidguitarist Member Posts: 2 Member

That's what happened. I deleted the VST from the original location. But I can't download Kontakt again because since I still have the VST3 file on my computer, it thinks Kontakt is still fully installed. So I don't have an option of downloading it again.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

You don't have to download Kontakt again. You simply need to go to your account on Native Instruments to see the list of plugins you own and specify you want to download the specific library again through Native Access.