Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK1 no longer working with Ableton 11 on Ventura

Options
audioz
audioz Member Posts: 7 Member

Hello, I was using the Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK1 Instrument Rack workaround in Ableton 11 on macOS Monterey (instructions & download at https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406832231441-How-to-Integrate-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-with-Your-DAW). It was mostly working with the MK1 keyboard, even though the keyboard would still get out of sync in sessions with many tracks, including non-NI MIDI tracks.

However, I eventually upgraded to Ventura and now the workaround instrument racks are not working at all with the keyboard when I scroll through the tracks in a session. Is there a way to get this functionality working again? I am only using VST instrument racks in each session. Thanks for any thoughts!

Best Answer

• audioz
    Answer ✓
    Options

This did not work on the last clean reinstall a few months ago, but this time, after reinstalling Ventura and the latest version of Ableton, I went into my biggest session and rebuilt it again by replacing every VST instrument rack with a new instance of the VST instrument rack. I am pleased to report that my MK1 keyboard is working nicely with Ableton again, although I don't know why it worked this time.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,286 Expert
    Options

Can you explain “keyboard would still get out of sync” further? How can a keyboard get out of sync?

• audioz
    edited April 2023
    Options

The hardware controls on the MK1 won't work with the instance of Komplete Kontrol that's on the selected or focused track. As you scroll through your tracks, the (informational) lights and the parameters should change per plugin instance. Instead, the keyboard either never locks onto an instance at all, or gets stuck on one and won't change as you scroll.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

@audioz Is it the same for both VST and AU? Do Ableton and Komplete Kontrol have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• audioz
    Options

Yes, it is the same for VST and AU. Full disk access is enabled for both.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@audioz Do you have an Intel Mac or a M1 Mac?

• audioz
    Options

It's an Intel Mac. I also did a clean install for several reasons, but still having the same issue with this.

• audioz
    Answer ✓
    Options

This did not work on the last clean reinstall a few months ago, but this time, after reinstalling Ventura and the latest version of Ableton, I went into my biggest session and rebuilt it again by replacing every VST instrument rack with a new instance of the VST instrument rack. I am pleased to report that my MK1 keyboard is working nicely with Ableton again, although I don't know why it worked this time.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@audioz Thnaks for the update, pleased to read that you got it back working.