Maschine not playing audio when watching youtube

Madhumanity
Madhumanity Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Maschine

Is anyone else having issues where the MK3 is not playing audio when trying to watch youtube?

maybe i made a setting change that i didnt realize?

Tagged:

Answers

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 168 Advisor
    edited February 2022

I only use the MK3 interface for Audio/Video Production software. I have my system set to the other sound card for everything else.

The issue I have with the MK3 is that it freezes, as in, it doesn't let me input anything or enter MIDI Control (buttons stop working, effectively) until I power cycle it.

Sucks when you realize this after firing up the software or your DAW, since you then have to shut everything down to reset the controller.

Audio has generally been fine, but I don't use it the way you do. It can be because the ASIO driver has locked the audio? Or maybe the WDM driver is just buggy (not sure what OS you're running).

• Madhumanity
    Madhumanity Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

It was working fine, i would sample audio from YouTube and could hear it running through Maschine then the past couple days it stopped. YouTube won't load a video, and if i power down the MK3, it instantly starts playing

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Maybe the drivers are not catching up somehow.

Make sure to have the latest driver and firmware for your MK3 to see if it changes anything 👇

• Red Rat
    Red Rat Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I know that this is an old post, but did you every get a fix for this issue?

I just bought a Mikro mk3 and when i open the Machine 2 software, the play back is fine. However when i open Youtube (or any other video playback) i get an error message "audio renderer error" and the video can not play. When i close the Machine 2 software and try the video again, the video will play, but just not with the Machine 2 software open.

I have looked at the usual nonsense about "updating audio driver" "uninstalling audio drivers" "roll back drivers" "update bios" but this is a waste of time and does not fix anything.

Also i dont have any issues with the other external hardware that i use, just this Mikro mk3.

Thanks in advance.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,188 mod

It might be that the Maschine software is setting the audio rate differently to the rate set in Windows. Make sure they're both the same, eg 44.1k or 48k. What audio interface are you using?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,130 Guru

@Red Rat as the Mikro doesn't have an audio interface, presumably you're using the default interface in your computer? If it's in exclusive mode then the Maschine software is the only thing that can use it - which is what people generally want when using production software. Try setting it to shared mode.

• Red Rat

Ok that sound like a plan. I was going through the Realtek drivers for playback. I have an option for USB Audio, but i dont really use that and the Realtek option seems the best. I seem to remember when i was setting up the Machine software that it gives you the option to use excusive mode and i might have enabled that option.

I was scratching my head because i wanted to watch a tutorial from Native Instruments about how to use the Mikro mk3, but i could not get the YouTube video to play while i had the software open in stand alone mode, however i dont have any issues like this with any other audio software open, hardware using the USB or other DAW's open at the same time as YouTube playback.

Anyway thanks again for the tip i will check that out.

• Red Rat

I am going directly into the PC using the USB cable that came with the hardware, i am also using the Machine software in stand alone mode (i did not try the software as an Ableton plugin to see if the same thing happens)

Its strange because i dont have this issue with any other hardware or software while playing YouTube videos at the same time. I was actually trying to watch a Native Instruments YouTube video about how to use the Mikro mk3 but could not do it while the hardware was plugged into the PC.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,130 Guru

People who use production software like this generally would have a separate low latency audio interface to use for it, then run the normal computer audio (YouTube etc) via their onboard sound - Realtek etc.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,357 Expert

if you use Windows, do you use "WASAPI exclusive:" or "WASAPI shared"? Try using shared that should let other software use the audio hardware as well.