Kontakt 6 shows Kontakt 7 Graphic Header in Komplete Kontrol

MarkinLA
MarkinLA Member Posts: 21 Member
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

After Kontakt 7 Player somewhat obnoxiously hijacked my full version of Kontakt 6 in Komplete Kontrol, I finally got Kontakt 6 working again by completely and manually deleting Kontakt 7 Player; a frustrating imposition. However, For some reason, within Komplete Kontrol I am still seeing the Kontakt 7 graphic. Can someone tell me how to fix this so it accurately shows what it should? Many thanks. (See image below).

Tagged:

Best Answers

• MarkinLA
    Answer ✓

So, quick update. because reinstalling Kontakt (even after removing Kontakt 7) didn't fix the graphic, I just edited the PNG files (after making backups) and erased the "7". At least this way, the wrong thing isn't staring back at me on the computer and S61 screens! Thanks for your assistance!

If anyone has any idea where the original Kontakt 6 graphics are please let me know! I'd like to replace them with those if at all possible.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    Answer ✓

Here is the original Artwork from my other machine, use to just be "Kontakt" without the version prefix.

Answers

• JesterMgee

It was likely updated when K7 was installed so i'd say (at an educated guess) what you would have to do is uninstall Kontakt 6 then reinstall to reset the image back. Just the core application, no need to uninstall all Kontakt libraries too. That should then reset the image.

You can also drill into the resource folder and manually replace that image in this location:

You would either need to edit or get hold of the original which I don't have handy but maybe someone else with Kontakt 6 still can locate and post it.

• MarkinLA

Actually, I did reinstall Kontakt 6 and unfortunately, it didn't help! Still, thank you so much! I'll see if I can hunt it down using your image. (On a Mac but I'm sure your image will help my locate it!)

• MarkinLA
    Answer ✓

So, quick update. because reinstalling Kontakt (even after removing Kontakt 7) didn't fix the graphic, I just edited the PNG files (after making backups) and erased the "7". At least this way, the wrong thing isn't staring back at me on the computer and S61 screens! Thanks for your assistance!

If anyone has any idea where the original Kontakt 6 graphics are please let me know! I'd like to replace them with those if at all possible.

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Here is the original Artwork from my other machine, use to just be "Kontakt" without the version prefix.