Cant get any sound from Guitar Rig 6

Richard Scholten
Richard Scholten Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited 9:09AM in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi,

I cannot get Guitar rig 6 to work.

I just downloaded and installed it. But no matter what i try i cant get anything out of it.

I tried this https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408964508945-I-Cannot-Get-Any-Sound-Output-from-GUITAR-RIG?_ga=2.6349360.326195994.1682260885-1430848402.1682085785 and all possible permutations in the audio setting, but nothing is happening...

I dont have a guitar or audio interface connected yet, I plan on buying these next week, but wanted to fiddle around with Guitar Rig beforehand.

So my current input/output is my pc's audio device with headphones/mic (realtek)

But this should work right? Even without input i should get output from the metronome or tapedeck?

There are no visual clues that anything is running. i have seen video's where the metronome is "running", but this is not the case for me.

Any help would be apreciated.

Kind regards,

Richard

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,405 Expert
    Answer ✓

If you are on Mac, since you said you followed the tutorial you linked, I suppose you followed the first step (Allow GR full disk and microphone access)

And since you point at it in your picture, I assume also that you pushed the power button on top right to turn it on.

What remains is the Driver you picked in the audio settings: you have to chose WASAPI (Exclusive Mode) and then the correct device of your computer. If I chose the WASAPI (Shared Mode) I have the same situation as you do, because the audio interface gets in conflict with the other apps using the internal audio card of the computer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

If you are on Mac, since you said you followed the tutorial you linked, I suppose you followed the first step (Allow GR full disk and microphone access)

And since you point at it in your picture, I assume also that you pushed the power button on top right to turn it on.

What remains is the Driver you picked in the audio settings: you have to chose WASAPI (Exclusive Mode) and then the correct device of your computer. If I chose the WASAPI (Shared Mode) I have the same situation as you do, because the audio interface gets in conflict with the other apps using the internal audio card of the computer

• Richard Scholten
    Richard Scholten Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

@LostInFoundation

Thank you for your reply.

This was indeed the problem.

As i mentioned i tried every permutation in the audio settings. As it turned out i had to restart the application after changing the setting to get it to work.

So it works now.

Kind regards,

Richard Scholten

• LostInFoundation

Happy you solved your problem 👍🏼

This discussion has been closed.