Plugin Blacklisting with maschine?
I have no problems running Maschine and having it find my plugins on my windows machine but on my Mac running Mac OS Monterey maschine is a disaster.
- If I run in rosetta, maschine hangs scanning bx_masterdesk. It doesn't write anything into its plugin scan data files (whatever those may be called) and so it's redoing the scan each time it relaunches.
- When a plugin scan hangs ESC key does not close the scan (at the splash screen).
- If you KILL the ScanApp using the Activity Monitor (like task manager but the mac version), you can get into maschine, but even inside maschine the scans still hang on some plugins.
- If you run in native (m1 mac) mode, maschine hangs scanning Arturia Analog Lab V.
All plugin alliance and arturia plugins are up to date and all work fine with 5 other DAWs on this machine.
Maschine alone has a lot of trouble with a lot of my plugins, none of which are too rare or uncommon.
I don't see any evidence that Maschine bothers to maintain a blacklist of plugins (which it would do by writing to a temporary file, saying, if I should die before I wake, I swear this plugin never to scan again, remember this, like tying a piece of string around your finger as a reminder). Just about every other daw has this feature. (Ah the sound of my country, Maschine.)
Any ideas what to do?
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 840 Hangout
- 77 NI News
- 406 Tech Talks
- 1.8K Native Access
- 8.5K Komplete
- 1.1K Komplete General
- 2.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.1K Kontakt
- 715 Reaktor
- 246 Battery 4
- 482 Guitar Rig & FX
- 282 Massive X & Synths
- 502 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.4K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 4.2K Traktor
- 3.9K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators