Komplete Kontrol - Arturia plugins could not be loaded

GreymakesMusic
GreymakesMusic Member Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello

I am having an issue with Komplete Kontrol and Arturia plugins. I have other third party plugins on my Mac which show up and load correctly in Komplete Kontrol, however when I choose any of my Arturia plugins, it comes up with the following error.

Has anyone else had this and if so how did you solve it?

Thanks

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,702 mod

Do you have the VST3 versions installed?

• GreymakesMusic

@Kymeia, why does Komplete Kontrol work off VST3? I thought all things Mac was AU

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

Not at all - Logic does AU but Komplete Kontrol needs the VST3 versions

• GreymakesMusic

Ah ok, Just looked in my Audio plugins folder and when this Mac was setup (I had someone do it for me) they obviously only installed the AU version of the plugins. Thing is, there is only waveshell files in there. No other VST3 plugins of any other plugins (those plugins that work on Komplete Kontrol) so I still don't understand how they are working without the VST3 but Arturia isn't

• GreymakesMusic

I actually think I have answered my own question there, as I remembered the ones that do work, are Kontakt libraries

• GreymakesMusic

@Kymeia, Is the solution to go back into install for each plugin and just tick the VST3 box option? Would that work of do I have to go through the entire process again?

• GreymakesMusic

@Kymeia Is the third party resources the only thing I need to install to get it working? Or is it VST as well, only it is says VST and not VST 3

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

If you click the arrow next to the VST tickbox you can select between VST2 and VST3 or install both. Might be wise to install both as I'm not sure if some Arturia plugins rely on the VST2 for the VST3 to function (it used to be the case, I don't think it is now but better to be safe than sorry and easy to delete them again if not needed). Third party resources = NKS so yes install those too

• GreymakesMusic

@Kymeia well that hasn't helped anything. Now nothing works on Komplete Kontrol. Not even NI stuff

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

I don't see how it could have made any difference to NI stuff - Arturia plugins are loading in Komplete Kontrol for me in Logic and you didn't have VST3 versions installed so that should have worked. Not sure what else could be the problem. Are you using Rosetta or Native M1/2? If so make sure you are running the absolute latest version of Komplete Kontrol, that might be it. Also try a reboot

• GreymakesMusic

I run my libraries off an SSD, how do I change the location of them in Komplete

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023

Plugins should installed in the default locations, not an external drive - unlike things like Kontakt libraries. If you have put them somewhere Komplete Kontrol doesn't know where to look then yes that could account of this. VST plugins should go here: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3

Libraries are another matter - I also run mine from several SSDs

• GreymakesMusic

@Kymeia, that is what I meant, the Kontakt libraries are on the SSD. All the actually plugins are on the Mac.

It keeps asking me where X,Y,Z Kontakt libraries are. Someone has said that in order to relocate them I have to go into Native Access and change the content location folder to the SSD and then open Komplete Kontrol as standalone to let it rescan - Is this correct?

Also it turns out, the guy who setup my laptop literally only put the AU units on in order to save space, therefore Komplete Kontrol is asking for Ozone 9's VST's but can't find them because they were never installed in the first place...this is one major headache for me 😡

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,574 mod

@GreymakesMusic Did reinstalling the Arturia plug-ins worked out and are they now showing in Komplete Kontrol ?

If not you should make sure that Komplete Kontrol, the Arturia Software Center and your DAW all have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If after that you still have no luck you can try to reset Komplete Kontrol's database:

Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    5. Delete only the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder found here.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.