Problems with Electrik Guitar sample

Frazer26
Frazer26 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hi all,

I have an issue with the Kontakt Electrik Guitar sample.

On a sustained 3 note chord, it intermittently wavers, spoiling the sound.

So, around half the time the times that it triggers, it's fine . Then other times it's wobbles.

It even does this if I just put one chord on a loop. The result is still 50/50.

Does any one else have this and know how to fix it.

I've only just transferred to a new Mac Studio M1, but had the same issue in my eight year old Mac too.

Regards

Michael

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,631 mod
    Answer ✓

Ok, I've found the library and played around. I think it's just how the library is, to be as realistic as possible, like an electric guitar with distortion could be.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,258 Expert

Can you define a little better “wavers”. What happens?

• Frazer26

Hi,

The best I can describe it is that, after say 2 seconds of playing normally, the sound wobbles like a discordant fast tremolo.

Michael

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,258 Expert

Did you check your audio settings (sample rate, buffer size…)?

Is Kontakt the only program doing this?

• Frazer26

Yes, and it's only this sample in Kontakt that has this issue. All of the others samples work fine.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Kontakt 6 Elektrik Guitar sounds normal here. The mod wheel adds vibrato.

I took a look inside and it does have aftertouch assigned to pitch at the source. Is it possible you're trigerring this depending on how hard you press?

• Frazer26

Thanks for your reply.

No, I'm afraid that's not it. If I cycle the same chord lasting say 1 bar, it is 50/50 whether it 'wobbles' or not.

It's a very unmusical sound, so I suspect it's a glitch from my Komplete 12 sample. I guess I'll have to maybe use the electric guitar from the Logic Pro samples.

I'll try getting a video of the issue and send it to Kontakt, see if they have any ideas too.

Thanks again.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

We're on a completely different page here I think. I'm referring to the Elektrik Guitar instrument in the Kontakt Factory Library. I have one from Kontakt 3 and 6.

If that's it then our sample sets would be identical as Komp12 came with Kontakt 6. I don't experience what you're describing.

• Jeremy_NI

@Frazer26 We would need more info. What library is posing the problem, can you give us the exact name, there are quite a lot of guitar libraries out there. What is your operating system? What DAW are you using? If your sample libraries are stored on an external hard drive, what is the format of the drive?

• Frazer26

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for getting in touch. Im not particularly techie but here's the info i hope you need.

Im using the Komplete 12 hard disc (as purchased) attached to a Mac Studio M1 Max 2022 running Ventura 13.3.1. and Logic Pro 10.7.7.

Not sure how to answer your 'Library' question, but to assign the Elektrik Guitar sample. I go to the mixer channel in my song, right click and select Kontact, then Stereo, which brings up the Kontact interface to select the instrument.

If i select Type: Guitar, Bank: Band, then select Elektrik Guitar from the results, this is the instrument I'm having issues with.

For info I've very recently upgraded to the Mac Studio, but i had exactly the same issues with this instrument on my old 2014 iMac, running a different, older OS.

Ive included an MP3 of two consecutive three-note chord strikes that illustrate the 'wobble' in sound. Hopefully that helps.

Please let me know if any further info would help.

Best Regards

Michael

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Ok, I've found the library and played around. I think it's just how the library is, to be as realistic as possible, like an electric guitar with distortion could be.