Logic Pro is not working with Kontakt 6

Answers

• jjaammee1122
    jjaammee1122 Member Posts: 19 Member

Thanks for the response. I did what was mentioned earlier and it still isn't working.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited February 2022

We have gotten an overwhelming number of responses that deleting the database file resolves the issue. Please try again. In fact feel free to delete that whole folder containing the database file.

• jjaammee1122

Thank you. I deleted all of Kontakt and will reinstall. Then I'll delete the entire database file and see if that works. Thank you for all your help. It is greatly appreciated.

• jjaammee1122

It still crashes in standalone and in Logic Pro. Attached are 3

screen shots. Would updating my OS help?

• jjaammee1122

FYI I'm able to open logic x with Kontakt 6 files already loaded into it before all this crashing started. It crashes if I try to load a new instrument.

• jjaammee1122
    edited February 2022

I'm currently running OS Catalina. Would this issue resolve if I updated my OS to Monterey or Big Sir?

Thanks.

• jjaammee1122

I really need this Kontakt issue resolved ASAP.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin

@Jeremy_NI Maybe worth following this up via email?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,683 mod

Hey @jjaammee1122 I contacted you by email, I have seens a couple of similar cases already, we'll need more info on your system.

• jjaammee1122

Thank you Jeremy. I just got your email. I appreciate your response. I'll get you the info you requested.

BTW, I updated my OS to Monterey and Kontakt 6 is still crashing.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

Hmmm, from your screenshots it looks like Kontakt is crashing in audio I/O thread. This is indicative of inappropriately set up audio output, or possibly somehow corrupted audio output settings.

Now, this sort of stuff is stored in plist files on Mac. I am not an expert on this topic, but there's a nice article on this stuff here.

You would need to navigate to com.native-instruments.Kontakt Application.plist and see if you can find some entries in that plist file, like:

AB2 AudioDevice
    AB2 AudioBlockSize
    AB2 AudioSampleRate

Anything that starts with AB2, really. Delete those and save the plist file (back it up before doing this of course!).

See if Kontakt opens now.

• jjaammee1122

Thank you for your response. I will try that and let you know.

• jjaammee1122
    edited March 2022

Will be updating progress ASAP

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,683 mod
    edited March 2022

IF you run into this issue, I will repost the fix here:

You need to delete this file:

Macintosh HD/Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt/Db/kontaktdb2_56

It is located in the User library, here is how to access this user library:

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Then you need to open Kontakt in standalone, it shouldn't crash and rebuild it's database. Once this is done, you can open Kontakt in Logic.

If even after that, it is still crashing, please let me know, there is a beta version for you to try out.

• Tinka
    Tinka Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

My kontakt 6 does not work..why can't I get a refund?