Adding a clock divider to the R5 Snapper macro

Options
kemper
kemper Member Posts: 16 Member

Driving myself crazy doing this so I can slow the thing down and therefore arrange longer songs using it in Reaktor 5 ...any help anyone ?

Also, is there a knowledge base for the old forum ? It was a fantastic resource especially for people like me using old versions

Best Answers

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

First the old forum in dead - R.I.P.

Myself uses clock dividers in MRC midi remote control

It's primary. So you can use it in R5 also.

• kemper
    Options

Thanks, but a bit of a beginner and not sure how this would apply to Snapper....anyone else help ? Can post screenshots if necessary

Cheers!

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 820 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
  • colB
    Options

Had a quick look and it can already handle songs up to 200 bars long. Seems not bad?

• colB
    Options

At 120bpm, you can do a song of about six and a half minutes without any changes...

If that's not enough. You can make a minor modification that looks something like this:

Make sure to make both modules mono.

if the constant at the B input is an integer, then it will divide the speed by that rate. If its some non integer, then it will probably behave weird making some steps slight ly longer than some others...

It might also mess up anything that depends on the actual song position. If that turns out to be an issue, it could be fixed, but you would need to find a reproducible example before trying to fix it.

• kemper
    Options

Many thanks for all help! I'll check this out and much appreciated!

• kemper
    Options

That's the one! Yeah, I need it a little longer than 5-6 minutes at 140 bpm and this is the best way of arranging snapshots I've found. Thanks so much !

• kemper
    Options

Excellent ! Before I get stuck in , what's the module that;s been added called ? Is it a Math Add module ?

• Paule
    Options

It's Modulo and a Step Filter.

• colB
    Answer ✓
    Options

As Paule says, there are two modules, one is 'modulo', the other is step filter.

The module is dividing the top input by the bottom input, but crucially, it rounds the answer, so we always get an integer at the output. the step filter blocks any sequential events with the same value.

So we get a stream of integer events with the value divided, at a divided rate... that way it doesn't matter if it's the event rate, or the song position that is being used downstream, because both are modified correctly.

Once you have it modified, save it with a different name (to preserve the original), and test thoroughly, so you catch any bugs, and we can squash 'em ;)

• kemper
    Options

SORTED ! Many thanks everyone for such prompt and detailed help

• kemper
    Options

Hi...me again ! Many thanks for previous help on the Snapper...does anyone know if you can tweak Snapper so it can read presets from more than one bank ? It reads up to 127 but won't work if I switch the instrument it's arranging to any presets from bank 2.

Again,all help appreciated x

• Paule
    Options

Here it works quiet well. Be sure that the hook at Follow Instrument selection is set to on.

• kemper
    Options

thanks...is that " Follow instrument " setting in Properties of Snapper ? Can't find it in the Reaktor 5 settings anywhere

• Paule
    edited April 2023
    Options

It's the chain sign in R5. White is active out greying is off.