R.I.P. Metapop

Options

Comments

• Tony Rox
    Tony Rox Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Nothing last forever in a world where music and technology are now married forever for good or bad.

As a musician, you should always invest your resources in a way that is not dependent on industry changes. Have your own website and form alliances beyond the digital world.

There is increasing competition for market share in the Vst, Midi, and sampler-based communities while these technologies constantly evolve. If you look carefully around you'll see that everybody has their own 'Kontakt" now, that alone should tell you the drive is on, don't just ride the wave, be proactive.

Metapop was a good thing.

• MSGsaltsweet
    MSGsaltsweet Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I just got a good-bye voucher from NI.

Thank you, and I will take care of the precious gift and make nice music with it.

All the great comps and members and comments and wonderful music will never be available elsewhere.

Such a beautiful and special place it was.

I hope NI will do well and all the staff members will, too.

As it is impossible to reply the email, I found this was nice place to leave my gratitude.

• IQMusic
    IQMusic Member Posts: 92 Helper
    edited April 2023
    Options

I‘ll miss Metapop for sure, thank you N.I for this inspirational journey! Looking forward to what’s next on the horizon.

• denchk
    denchk Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

I wasn't as involved into a Metapop life as other people I know from this beautiful community.

But this place means a lot to me, it was a huge part of my musical journey.

Thank you for the goodbye gift, NI 🙏

• denchk
    Options
  • LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,289 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

It seems that Metapop ghost wants to launch a last challenge to another user whose KK opens FM8 no matter what other instrument he chose.

”Make a song only with FM8”

”Ok, I’ll pick Noire”

”NO! I SAID ONLY FM8!!!!”

😂😂😂

Since I know Metapop community is very friendly and helpful, if someone has a single idea on how to help him, please come attend:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/12407/komplete-kontrol-load-issue

• JMTee
    JMTee Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Sad to see Metapop go, is there a section on this forum for sharing our music for feedback?

• MSGsaltsweet
    MSGsaltsweet Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

There are many.

After uploading tracks on Soundcloud (3 hour maximum for free), Audiomack (a little banner ad), YouTube, post the links in Sonic Lab at Discord.

• denchk
    edited April 2023
    Options

Check out BandLab community, if I'm not wrong, they have a feedback stream, an online DAW and a mastering tool.

As an idea we can ask NI to add a "Feedback" category to the forum.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023
    Options

There is no specific section in the forum. The most suited eventually would be Social Club.

But @denchk idea to propose one to NI could be ok now that Metapop is gone

• Phatnik
    Phatnik Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I am also still in shock and feel like a part of me is gone. So weird now to think that uploading all those songs will make them last forever on the platform.

I wonder what the reason was, I can only think of hosting costs for all those songs....but I think it was a very good platform for Native Custoners and the competitions were good for creating interest for their new products. I wished they could have found a solution for the platform to pay for itself. I hate the idea of paying Soundcloud monthly forever or all songs over the 90 min threshold get deleted.

It was so much work to get all those songs up, I wonder if there was a chat gpt way to automatically download all songs from Metapop and transfer them to another free servive like YouTube...

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023
    Options

Forever is a word that has been removed from the dictionary in 1999

Welcome to the new Millennium

Where “license for life” means for the lifetime of the companies…e.g. 4-5 years if we are lucky 😉

• Madulone
    Madulone Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

It's so sad that the Metapop era is now over. I learned so much through the competitions. The community was unique. On no other platform have I read so many positive and appreciative comments! Nevertheless, I also want to thank N.I. very much for these 7 years.

Thanks to Metapop, this year I decided to buy a N.I. Kyboard and N.I. Software. Products that would not have been on my radar without Metapop. Sure, it's not easy to measure the positive marketing impact Metapop has had on N.I., but in my case at least it worked. I would also be happy to pay an annual fee, possibly combined with a subscription model for KOMPLETE. Maybe there will be a rebirth of Metapop one day. In any case, this would make me happy.

• Starmower
    Starmower Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited April 2023
    Options

I have the same issue as @Kenny . Only blank webpage when I try to download my own tracks and have tried with both Safari and Chrome. Any advice out there?