How to assign midi controller to load next/previous instrument in Kontakt 7?

JustAlex
JustAlex Member Posts: 6 Member

Hello.

Say I have some library opened, I'm playing at midi keyboard and I just want to go next or previous sound in that library, but I don't want to move to computer and use mouse each time. My midi keyboard has various controllers, how can I assign in Kontakt 7 standalone any of them to be used for loading next/previous instrument?

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Unfotunately, the only way I know is to create a 'bank' and then use program change on a controller. But that doesn't change snapshots.

If you want to use several snaphots from one instrument you have to save the instrument with a new name each time with one of the snapshots as the last loaded. If that makes sense.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Unfotunately, the only way I know is to create a 'bank' and then use program change on a controller. But that doesn't change snapshots.

If you want to use several snaphots from one instrument you have to save the instrument with a new name each time with one of the snapshots as the last loaded. If that makes sense.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@JustAlex You could use the Komplete Kontrol plug-in and assign a control from your keyboard to presets up & down: