Roll Back firmware S61 MK 1?

jeffped
jeffped Member Posts: 10 Member
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Somewhere along the line either a firmware update or Maschine update broke my S61. This is first gen.

The problem I have is there is substantial lag when using the rotary encoders. It takes time for the values to catch up with the encoder's position. Sometimes no delay - sometimes as much as 2-3 seconds.

I did a long involved service ticket with video and the issue was confirmed. But nothing was ever done about it. Native Instruments are famous for abandoning products.

So I was wondering if I can roll back the firmware....

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    Answer ✓

Not possible to roll back AFAIK.

Is this in Maschine? Can't say I notice any issues with the encoders on my old MK1, def not 2+ seconds for sure.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Did you keep the ancient firmware file somewhere in your computer?

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Not possible to roll back AFAIK.

Is this in Maschine? Can't say I notice any issues with the encoders on my old MK1, def not 2+ seconds for sure.

• jeffped

The encoders work properly as far as changing sound parameters. The issue is with the text values not responding in the little displays. Especially a PITA when browsing. It seems to be a buffering problem.

• JesterMgee

Win/Mac?

Are you testing this using Komplete Kontrol standalone?

If you do not have anything loaded and just ahve the keyboard in MIDI mode, if you turn an encoder does it update the little bar position correctly or same issue?

Are you connected directly to the computer or via a HUB? Do you use the original USB cable or a different one?

• jeffped

As I mentioned the issue has been thoroughly examined by myself and NI support. It is well documented and the support tech was able to replicate and confirm there is a bug.

• JesterMgee

Ok, tho I have an MK1 on this machine and have no such bug on the latest firmware so if it is a bug, you are the only one it appears to affect and since I can't get the info from you I cannot attempt to test your situation so will leave you in the hands of support (tho for a 10 year old product I doubt we will see any updates)