KK UI is not scalable?

Options
2»

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 938 Guru
    Options

Fully agree with all of this.

But this is NI we are talking about - well known for building their stuff in outdated, complex and hard to maintain APIs etc where even the slightest talk of resizing something gives them a headache.

Until they revisit all their UIs and actually take the time to completely redesign them to be more user/resource friendly - we can complain all we want - but nothing is going to happen.

But if this "scaling" potential does happen - you can count on Kontakt being first - since that sad UI is used by so many folks worldwide. If they can get scaling working there - then and only then do I see any hope of that sort of tech making it to the lower level NI products like Komplete Kontrol.

But there are a lot of rumors flying about v3 Komplete Hardware - who knows - maybe we get lucky and get a V3 Komplete Kontrol that does work better with high res.

Cheers

VP

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 414 Guru
    edited May 2023
    Options

Let's hope so. I am patiently waiting. Just look at my 5120x1440 desktop (no scaling) with Massive and FM8 opened. I had to uninstall those two :(

All the best, mate.

• PulseCode
    PulseCode Member Posts: 132 Helper
    Options

sure, 1080p is good enough, sure it might work for most people, but innovation and progress is not a bad thing.

• Vocalpoint
    Options

Actually, 1080p IS good enough (more than enough actually) and it works for ALL people - regardless of monitor (4K, 8K or HD) big, small or otherwise.

"Scalable" is (and always will be) a nice to have but it's not a need to have.

VP

• PulseCode
    PulseCode Member Posts: 132 Helper
    Options

"and it works for ALL people" ??? I am "people" and it does not work for me at all, at 1080 everything is huge, it robs me of screen estate I need for editing and sequencing.

• Vocalpoint
    edited May 2023
    Options

Yes. Works for all people that run at the worlds current standard resolution.

If things appear huge to you - you are most definitely not “all people” since you choose to run a 4K monitor at its (presumably) native (non 1080p) resolution.

Unfortunately - you are trying to drive a square peg (a 1080p optimized UI like Komplete Kontrol) into a round hole (your 4K monitor resolution). You can use it huge or microscopic - but it is what it is because of your hardware.

Nothing is ever going to change with this challenge until everyone is 4K and every vendor conforms to 4K resolution as the new standard - so all software scales and looks normal onscreen AT 4K.

Since 4K has been a 'thing' for a long while now - its clear to me that the world (or any vendor) is not in any rush to suddenly change their products because someone out there decided to buy a 4K monitor. Does not seem like a priority for any one of them.

VP

• asrivarde
    asrivarde Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I got an offer today from native instruments to upgrade for 50% off. I have not upgraded since native instruments 11 because I refuse to upgrade until they offer the option to scale their plug-ins to fit 4K resolution. I feel like I wasted my money because I can't use these plugins without trying to put my monitor screen at 1080p which is a huge headache to keep switching back and forth. I don't have to do this with any of my other plugins. My other plugins look fine on 4K screen because they can scale. Before I even hit that upgrade option I came on the web to see if they offered scaling and looks like it's still the same where they don't have the option and it's almost 2024. what a dang shame. Shame on native instruments. It's like they don't like money because until they offer the option, I will not spend a dime anymore with them. And if people really want native instruments to offer that then they need to just stop spending the money and let that money talk. because I guarantee you, if enough customers choose not to upgrade or chose to stop buying because of them not giving the scaling option, It will eventually make them think about doing it. Numerous people have asked about this for years and it shows a lack of respect for their customers by not listening to what their customers want. Sorry for any typos, I'm using voice to text.

• Vocalpoint
    Options

@asrivarde

"if enough customers choose not to upgrade or chose to stop buying because of them not giving the scaling option, It will eventually make them think about doing it."

Not really. The amount of "enough customers" actually using 4K out there is tiny compared to the rest of us that are just fine with HD (1920x1080).

NI has told us time and time again - especially with the design and rollout of the new MKIII Komplete Kontrol hardware - that they have a ton of metadata and telemetry on what we are all using, on what hardware AND at what resolutions.

If 4K was really a thing (within ALL collected data of the entire userbase - you and I included) - it is a certainty they would consider it. But it's not.

You would be wise to save your money.

VP

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,741 mod
    Options

Browser resize is in beta right now so will be out next

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,198 mod
    Options

Browser resize is in beta (woohooo), GUI scaling isn't though unfortunately so you get more on the screen but it's still small with a 4K screen.

-- Mike