how to fix default setup

blazej
blazej Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

When I open existing track with KK suddenly it loads Kontakt7 player. I do not have full Kontakt7 license, but do have Kontakt6. I disabled loading most recent version of the plugin in KK settings but it still ads kontakt7 player. This then messes up completly all tracks with KK, because suddenly the preset is missing.

I have several projects messed up, this way, total disaster :-(

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

Have you tried to just remove the Kontakt 7 player plugin?

What OS and what DAW? Pretty sure when I tested a while back, unchecking that "Use Latest Version" fixed the issue for me, may hvae had to close and open the DAW again but i'm in the same boat, I do not have a K7 license only K6 so I think in the end I just deleted the K7 plugin files anyway and wont bother with the K7 only instruments.

• blazej
    blazej Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

Yes I did and now it works, but still one project which saved new settings got screwed up and all KK tracks lost their presets. Last 10 years I have not gone one month without some kind of issues with these two programs.

For example I load simple library (from Etheric Sounds) and after I reload the preset few times Kontakt complains about the memory (while there is plenty). Snapshot files disappearing etc...

Kontakt and KK really sucks. These to programs are like 150 years old man being reanimated, while he should have died long time ago :-(

We all need new KONTAKT, redesigned from the ground up!

Thank you for replying ;-)

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

I’ll just assume you are on macOS and using some kind of daw

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@blazej For now the solution would be to uninstall Kontakt 7.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

“For now” means something? Or is just an intercalary?

It would be nice indeed to keep them both on the computer without any sort of problem

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

It means that there are several bugs related to this issue and until it gets fixed the solution is to uninstall Kontakt 7.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert
    edited May 2023

I seriously just hope that I will be proved wrong and one of these days we will discover that NI in these years is working and focusing all its resources on something REEEEEALLY BIG that, inna typical NI style, has been kept very secret till the last moment…and I will have to apologize for one year for me doubting of it (I will be happy as hell to have to do it)

But…seen the info that we have about stagnation of development, I must say that I find NI capacity of fixing the bugs they introduced themselves quite slow. If, as I said, development isn’t a priority, at least making the existing products work well must be

And If, as many say, the problem of NI is the large amount of products/instruments they have, maybe it’s time to slow a little bit the pace of new Expansions and new instruments releases and focus on the quality/certainty of work of existing products.

Releasing a lot of things but not having the strengths to ensure they are good products isn’t a good policy