Default patch in Digital Performer doesn't work

Nickipedia
Nickipedia Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

So running Kontakt 7 with DP 11.21. Using Kontakt inside a V-rack, and have the midi track record enabled (using the software as glorified drum trigger module). Anyways, each MIDI track I can set a default patch for that track in each sequence. When I switch from sequence to sequence all my other devices (guitar pedal boards, an AXE FX, and a Pearl Mimic Pro) all switch as they should. Kontakt however does not. I have 7 different patches that will work when I send a program change while the sequence is running, but when the sequence ends it will not load the next patch unless I start it and put in the patch change command. Any thoughts? If needed I can make a video to show the explanation a little better.

Best Answer

• Nickipedia
    Answer ✓

Gee, went a different direction with it, but thanks. Was way overthinking some stuff on that one.

This actually appears to be a bug in Digital Performer. I spent the last hour or so with them troubleshooting. They're now using my file in their lab and having the same issues and shouldn't be. SO we'll see what happens.

Answers

• David Das
    David Das Member Posts: 8 Member

Yes, might need a video. I'm not exactly sure how you're using default patches in DP.

• Nickipedia

David

Just watched a couple of your video's actually on while researching something else for another project.

Anyways, so what's happening is that I have a rig setup with multiple chunks (chunk per song) in Digital Performer 11.2. Running Kontakt for some external sampling while the chunks are playing (think of it as a glorified drum trigger module). I have a default patch set on the midi channel for Kontakt for each chunk. Typical behavior in a previous version of Digital Performer was when one chunk would end, and the next would load (but not start) it would send the patch change command as the chunk loaded but didn't start playing. Now in Digitarl Performer 11.2 it will not switch to whatever I assign the default chunk to. As soon as I start the chunk in DP it goes to whatever default chunk I set it to. Ideas?

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Pretty sure I gave you the solution to your other question and you never confirmed whether it worked or not.

• Nickipedia
    Answer ✓

Gee, went a different direction with it, but thanks. Was way overthinking some stuff on that one.

This actually appears to be a bug in Digital Performer. I spent the last hour or so with them troubleshooting. They're now using my file in their lab and having the same issues and shouldn't be. SO we'll see what happens.