new to Kont 7

jon889
jon889 Member Posts: 7 Member

I got Kont 7 for M1 Mac. I see its layout is much different. If you want to display it like Kontakt 6 can you do that? Or do you think its better to just use the new layout???

I have a track using 6...can I make 7 take over the track? thanks

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Save the instance of the instrument and load K7 in the track and reload the instrument. It's really not worth it though as Kontakt 6 will continue to work. Maybe better and more stable than K7, idk. Beware, that it's been reported that the K7 plugin may interfere with K6 in existing projects, questionably where Komplete Kontrol is used. I can't confirm this.

To use K7 like K6, click on the bookshelf (library) icon top left and all instruments are available from the old browser, now called the 'side pain'.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Save the instance of the instrument and load K7 in the track and reload the instrument. It's really not worth it though as Kontakt 6 will continue to work. Maybe better and more stable than K7, idk. Beware, that it's been reported that the K7 plugin may interfere with K6 in existing projects, questionably where Komplete Kontrol is used. I can't confirm this.

To use K7 like K6, click on the bookshelf (library) icon top left and all instruments are available from the old browser, now called the 'side pain'.

• jon889
    jon889 Member Posts: 7 Member

another thing...can I set K7 to not load all the samples on startup but only the ones played automatically?

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

7.3.5. Load / Import Tab

Load samples in background: When enabled, KONTAKT can load post 4.1 instruments with background loading. With background loading active, KONTAKT will display the instrument’s interface and become playable as soon as possible

As for purging, you should read the manual 8.3