Missing instruments and NO loops or One Shots in Komplete Kontrol

jnberke
jnberke Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I've tried everything (trashing preferences, rebuilding database) but my Komplete Kontrol seems to be missing a lot of instruments - plus the Loop and One Shot Windows are empty. Also have Maschine and that seems to be working okay. Paths to files are the same. Anyone have this issue.

Also ScanApp crashes from time to time - not sure if that makes a difference.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@jnberke you should start by resetting Komplete Kontrol's database:

Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    5. Delete only the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder found here.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.

And make sure to give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol as well as your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@jnberke you should start by resetting Komplete Kontrol's database:

Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    5. Delete only the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder found here.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.

And make sure to give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol as well as your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• jnberke
    jnberke Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

That worked! Thanks, Jeremy

• Eos
    Eos Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi…

i cannot find loops nor one shots.

I did everything.

My version of KK is 3.0.3.

By the way, Is this the good UI?

thanks

yves