Problem with Samples in Remix Deck

DJ Short-Cut
DJ Short-Cut Member Posts: 12 Member

Hi Guys! I have a question about my remix deck. Maybe you can help me here.

I control my remix deck (on deck d for me) with my Kontrol F1 in Traktor 3 Pro. It has happened to me several times now during my DJ set.

Some sample slots or even all sampe slots no longer react at some point.

They can no longer be triggered. Then i have to load in the saved remix deck again each time.

How i can avoid the error? Greetings from Germany! 

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DJ Short-Cut
    Answer ✓

Hi! The problem is gone. :-) No idea how. Maybe it was due to an update. The error is in any case no longer occurred. I thank you anyway for your help! Greetings!

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hi @DJ Short-Cut,

I am sorry to hear about the hassle! Does this occur with custom-made RMX sets or factory content? Have you updated your Traktor prior to the first time you experienced this behavior?

• XFrog
    XFrog Member Posts: 9 Member

I have the same problem. In previous Traktor versions syncing with older computer, OS and Traktor version worked perfectly. I am now running version 3.9.0 90 on MacBook Pro Ventura 13.4.1 and the Remix Deck is no longer syncing properly.

I use the original Traktor Remix sets.

Does anyone have this constellation that works? Then please describe your settings.

Can I revert to an old Traktor version?

What is the oldest version running on this system?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,350 Expert
  • DJ Short-Cut
    Answer ✓

Hi! The problem is gone. :-) No idea how. Maybe it was due to an update. The error is in any case no longer occurred. I thank you anyway for your help! Greetings!

• Markovicz

Hi @XFrog,

I am sorry to hear about the hassle! Since it is very easy to return to a previously used version, we can quickly compare the behavior.

Whenever you install a Traktor update, the version you had used before is neither being overwritten or deleted but moved to a backup folder from where ist can easily be launched. Please find detailed instructions here:

How Can I Downgrade my TRAKTOR to an Earlier Version?

So please open Macintosh HD -> Applications -> Native Instruments -> Traktor 3 -> Backup, launch the Traktor version you have used before installing 3.9.0 and check the sync behavior.

Does that work as expected?

PS: the oldest Traktor version running on your system would be 3.0.0

• Markovicz
  • XFrog

Hello Mark,

thx for your answer, but

after 6 hours I have the following, unfortunately bad results: Version 3.8: Same error

Versions from 3.02 and higher brought the error message that TSls and default settings are missing.

Back to version 3.9 and all deck layouts and remix sets were gone.

Back to 3.8 and deck layouts were still there but remix sets were missing.

Update from 3.8 to 3.9 and the layouts are gone again.

I'm now working with 3.8 and have recreated the remix sets. The sync error persists.

I did a complete reinstallation with OS 12.6 on another computer and installed a Traktor Demo V 3.9 there. The sync error is there too. It must be a bug in the program. I hope NI fixes it soon ;)

greeting

Günter

• Markovicz

Hi Günter,

to be honest, I am scratching my head here. In order to be able to better assess the situation, I need to request a short video or two which show your entire Traktor window while operating at least one RMX deck, with Sync failing. It's important that the RMX deck is visible in 'Advanced' view - see example below:

Please record at least one video that illustrates the faulty behavior and post it here. Should it exceed the limit, you can upload it to wetransfer.com and PM me the link.

Thanks a lot!

• XFrog

Got this message:

• You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.

The video:

Download-Link 

first type https://

wetransfer

com

/downloads/

d0252ec7de81936189b1eba931d9e82320230711161930/33ad2afcf270f4c2af63b49b933b253320230711161958/fbe27a

THX

• XFrog

Hi Mark,

did you get my video? If not you can give me the permission to upload it here or I can send it via e-mail (address?), it has only 13 MB.

Günter

• Markovicz

Hi Günter,

yes, thanks for uploading, I could access the clip. Will have a closer look with a colleague asap and get back to you here!

• Markovicz

Quick question, @XFrog: does the behaviour affect all types of loops and samples in your RMX cells equally?

• XFrog

some problem with all loops (Snare DMX, Kick 707 1, A2 Kick&Basses, A1 Kick&Snare, Kick Neon 5,…)

• XFrog

Hi Mark,

did you get my mails from Friday?

• Markovicz

Hi @XFrog,

I have created a ticket for you last week which is being processed by one of my colleagues. Therefore, I cannot comment on anything regarding this case. Please stick with the ticket. Thanks a lot!