Learn Midi function Massive X

Talek
Talek Member Posts: 3 Member

All is on the title : Add a Learn Midi function on Massive X because without that it's very frustrating.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• beatlehrer
    beatlehrer Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓

You can learn the Macros 1 - 16 in the Top of Massiv X.

If you know how to learn assignments in your DAW, it should be easy to do.

Beats, Mix, Master

Answers

• beatlehrer
    beatlehrer Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓

You can learn the Macros 1 - 16 in the Top of Massiv X.

If you know how to learn assignments in your DAW, it should be easy to do.

Beats, Mix, Master

• ngodzillaa
    ngodzillaa Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2023

no one cares about the macros. the title is : ADD MIDI to MASSIVE X !

Macros DO NOT WORK properly. If they do for you you great, but still : add midi learn to massive !

Yes you can set them, learn them and then what ? I don't what software you are using but with Nuendo it is a Nightmare.

A/ you have to use a controler that has a preset DEDICATED to this. Else you won't be able to use that controler for MIDI later as it's going to be in conflict with quick controls. So each time you go to massive you have to select your preset on your controler !

B/ Now not only you have to arm your midi track to record massive notes.. but also the automation for those stupid quick controls !

C/ Wait you still have to make sure automation mode is "To End" wich is a dangerous situation if you forget to change it later and mess all your automations on audio tracks.

D/ Now you have a midi region that you can't move without making sure the automations below are following ! so every copy paste, rearange is a nightmare. with MIDI all is included in the region !

E/ change tempo, time stretch your midi region (yes it is usefull) .. automations are F*ed.

so unless you are just using one massive instance and do some.. I don't know minimalistic trap music or something, IT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK FOR SERIOUS PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONEMENT !

• ngodzillaa
    edited November 2023

Just found another one :

F/ grab drop your MIDI file from Nuendo and drop it in Live. Simple, and works great. I can transform that production session in nuendo to a Live session for a guy to work on touch designer for the show.. appart from MASSIVE X because no stupid automations are following that midi file !

I did a simple counts of entire operations for a standard rec with massive for me (If no futher editing :P):

A/ shift; clic, rotate encoder (to send controler MX12 to quickcontrol)

B/ click(rec arm); click(write arm);

C/ click(open auto panel); click(change auto mode), click(lock auto mode),

ctrl+ space; enter (to do the record/stop)

A'/ shift; click; rotate encoder (change controler out of quick control for safety)

C'/ click(change auto mode) (remove To End automation for safety)

That's 2 switchs, 2 encoders, ; 3 keys; 6 mouse clicks

with midi learn :

B/ click (rec arm);

ctrl+ space; enter (to do the record/stop)

.. 1 mouse click, 3 keys; done.

• ngodzillaa

Also you can't rec arm your massiveX track but select another track else quick controls will target that other track.

So you have to select track, rec arm, automation arm and stay there !

So forget about adusting FX on a parallel track or select another MIDI track to open it and check some notes there.. or score just don't move. I can't see a single positive about quick controls and macros unless you basicaly do drum and bass and have one instance of massive per sessions with a very simplistic production.

• ngodzillaa

found another one.. (I have this session where a client used massive X...)

you can't put your cursor at random places and repeat your part before recording because quick control will override what ever the settings are at this cursor position on your controller until you actually overwrite the automation.

So if last setting of the filter was 0% you will have no sound and need to write say 50% automation, put your cursor after it ! now you can try to be creative.