Reaktor 6 not working

stevesharpe
stevesharpe Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited March 2023 in Reaktor

When I open Reaktor and press the "Play" the rainbow circle just appears. I am not able to access any of the Reaktor instruments or use the VST at all.

I re-installed Reaktor from Native Access, and this did not work.

I included a screenshot of what my Directories of Reaktor look like and a pdf of the problem I am having with Reaktor. I think it might have something to do with the Directories. Because I download my Native stuff to my external hard drive, and this is set to the Mac. But I tried changing it to the external hard drive and that did not seem to work. I think I just have to get these right.

Any help would be appreciated thanks so much!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

@stevesharpe You shouldn't just move the Reaktor files to the external hard drive, you should set up theinstallation locations in Native Access How to Change the Install Locations in Native Access and reinstall the Reaktor instruments and Factory Library.

If Reaktor did not acknowledged the changes, then you need to reset the database:

Reinitialize the Application Database

1. Go to the following location:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden on macOS. See this article for instructions to access this hidden system location.
    4. Locate the folder for Reaktor 6 and delete it.

Also make sure to give Full Disk Access to Native Access and Reaktor: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023
  • Jeremy_NI
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

@stevesharpe You shouldn't just move the Reaktor files to the external hard drive, you should set up theinstallation locations in Native Access How to Change the Install Locations in Native Access and reinstall the Reaktor instruments and Factory Library.

If Reaktor did not acknowledged the changes, then you need to reset the database:

Reinitialize the Application Database

1. Go to the following location:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden on macOS. See this article for instructions to access this hidden system location.
    4. Locate the folder for Reaktor 6 and delete it.

Also make sure to give Full Disk Access to Native Access and Reaktor: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• mrwitte
    mrwitte Member Posts: 7 Member

I have the same problem: Reaktor 6.dll is clearly visible in my VST directory where Native Access installed it, but I can't use Reaktor 6 at all, neither in my DAW (Ableton) nor in the Kontrol standalone app.

I think I should Reinitialize the Application Database: Can you tell me where that is on PC?

• Jeremy_NI

@mrwitte Sure thing:

1. In the Windows File Explorer, go to the following location:
    2. C: > Users > "Your Username" > AppData > Local > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The "AppData" is a hidden Windows folder. See this article for instructions to display hidden Windows folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the folder of the NI product that is crashing.
    5. Delete only the folder for the NI product that is crashing.
    6. Reopen your NI software to check that the issue has been resolved.

• mrwitte
    mrwitte Member Posts: 7 Member

Just saw this: thanks for the response, Jeremy!

I had a look , and on my system there is no Reaktor 6 folder in C: > Users > "Your Username" > AppData > Local > Native Instruments, so something appears to be screwy at a deeper level. I put in a CS ticket and have got a response from a Rich at NI which I'm following up with; I'll try and remember to post any solutions we discover here as well.