How can I find replacement knobs for my Grandson's Komplete Kontrol S88 Smart Keyboard?

EllaLLindstrom
EllaLLindstrom Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

☺️ He let his CAT chew them up!

Best Answer

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023

Never occured to me until this moment. But I've never seen any reference to parts and accessories for their products. You won't get any response in the forum, from someone inside the company, that could answer that until Monday.

But there are several sites out there that have parts for many name brand keyboards that might have simialr knobs.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

Just be aware that standard parts such as knobs can be horrifically overpriced on those kind of sites, compared to what they sell for elsewhere.

I just saw an XLR/jack combo socket on the above site priced around 5x the "normal" price.

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

Yeah... I should delete that. I didn't browse the site.

I was looking for the equivalent to stewmac.com which has great products and prices for guitars.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

My little baby has had eaten them all, few years ago..... Bon appetit! :-)

One may buy generic ones instead.

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

Cats like food and catnip (or a substance that sometimes resembles catnip) so wash your hands after eating and hitting the bong. 😃 The cat is baked and has the munchies.

• Kubrak

Baby = my little son... ;-)

• Gee_Flat

Now ya made me feel bad, and worse than that, all I can think of is that song, "the cat's in the cradle"

One day you'll teach him how to twist it and set off a low pass filter and his eyes will light up.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

The knobs are a standard keystone profile BUT they are conductive for the purpose of voice navigation and also to display the encoders value on-screen when you touch it whihc is a handy feature you don't want to lose so you need to make sure you get metal ones or conductive ones.

https://www.mpcstuff.com/billet-silver-/-red-/-gold-/-chrome-/-camo-green-/-gunmetal---knob-for-akai-mpc-mpd-mpk-force-maschine/

Tho that would be a costly affair to replace all of them in that style, any siilar knob would be fine. If you don't need the voice guidance

I am sure if you submit a support ticket there would be a replacement set available.

• Kubrak

Now ya made me feel bad, and worse than that, all I can think of is that song, "the cat's in the cradle"

One day you'll teach him how to twist it and set off a low pass filter and his eyes will light up.

No problem. :-DDD

Actually he has started play at the age of one or so. He did play using hands and feet at the same time.

Now, being 5 he keeps loading Maschine Expansion templates and modifying them using Maschine and Jam. He preferes Techno.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

I think our hardware department can provide some replacement parts if your cat, your baby, wife or husband eats them. You can get in touch here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

"if your [...] wife or husband eats them" 🤣

Damn, we need the "reactions" from the old forum back! "Like" and "Insightful" are not enough!

• Gee_Flat

Yeah, that is funny.

But ya know, it says something about the navigation of the site that five users who are well acquainted with it, missed that link or weren't aware that it existed. Or that the one unfamiliar with it was completely lost.

Now that I see it, I wonder how I could miss it, but it speaks to how people's brains and eyes work.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited March 2023

@Gee_Flat That's a very good point, that's also why I'm around here, to help out and facilitate on support topics. I'm also here to bring back this kind of constructive criticism to the responsible teams, which I will definitely do here. Thanks for pointing that out.