Maschine files getting massive for no reason?????

baz25216
baz25216 Member Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2023 in Maschine

Hi guys I updated Maschine last week to the latest version. For some reason every project I worked on since start off ok and file size is normal at around the 10megabit level, then out of nowhere after a few normal saves it jumps to around the 600meg level, then 5Gig....????? Anyone had this problem and know how to fix it? Its a proper pain in the butt. Makes the file a total nightmare to load up...

Tagged:

Comments

  • D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,689 mod

    What the... There's no way a project should be 600 MB let alone Gigs, something is very broken there.

    Any 3rd party plugins? Use project Save-As and see if the new file also has the issue, if it does then remove stuff one by one and keep saving the copy until you pinpoint what plugin is causing that issue.

  • baz25216
    baz25216 Member Posts: 10 Member

    Yeah dude, loads of 3rd party stuff, but I've been using the same plugins for two years or more in most cases and the problem never happened before I updated the native instruments stuff....

  • baz25216
    baz25216 Member Posts: 10 Member

    And yeah new files have the same issue, was the 1st thing I tried to get round it... Will have a go with save as and drop out various things. It may be related to the drums track, but my guess is it will be something to do with the instances of Battery I have in there.... Will update once I get round to it. Currently working up a remix of an old trance vocal track from 2000 or thereabout and its going well for sound, so I'm just going to keep the file open til I'm finished it then I'll export to wav and see what's what once I'm done. Really irritating though....

  • baz25216
    baz25216 Member Posts: 10 Member

    OK, following the advice to try cutting tracks it appears the issue with ever increasing file size on each new project save is related to Battery instances. I had a drum track setup with Big Kick, Kontakt (for claps), and Battery in for hats, and another instance of Battery for drums rolls. If I cut both instances of Battery out the file size on saving goes back to normal, around the 1MB range. Leaving either instance of Battery in kept increasing the size of the file... Really weird as this has never happened before, and I've got this drum group saved and used it in many projects as it is in the problem new projects. As I mentioned previously I updated all the NI stuff in Native Access that was saying available to update last week, and this was when the problem started. I thought I may have been Kontakt cause version 7 is out and I didn't upgrade to that, but it has nothing to do with that track.

    I guess the next tedious thing will be to try recreating the tracks from scratch with Battery in there again to see if the issue is related to the updated Battery file or not....

  • baz25216
    baz25216 Member Posts: 10 Member

    OK, think this issue maybe related to the fact that I have a MacBook Pro and Mac mini that I use my NI stuff on. I originally created the drum tracks on my MacBook Pro and this means every time I load my drum track on the Mac mini I have to navigate back to the kits which I imported into the Mac mini from the MBP... strange cause as I said this is not something that happened at any point before. I will go through re-creating the drum tracks like for like using the newly installed instances of Battery and fully remapped kits pathways, and see if that solved the problem... tedious tedious stuff.

  • ee601
    ee601 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited June 2023

    Not sure if this is helpful, but I'm on MacStudio only, and have the same problem. Battery increases the Cubase project file size massively. To the point where it refuses to load up at nearly 5GB..! If I load an earlier version into Cubase in safe mode, then save off just the drum tracks (mostly Battery) then the resulting .xml is 3.7GB..! I also now have the delightful task of rebuilding whole tracks from scratch somehow - in the middle of an album !! Huh!

    So much for Native being reliable ....

  • baz25216
    baz25216 Member Posts: 10 Member

    I deleted the drum tracks and found that to be the source as well. But since doing so it has solved the problem. Starting project files from new also keeps this from happening best I can tell.

Back To Top