Mainstage and Vintage Organs - automate draw bar preset selection?

EdgarVanEersel
EdgarVanEersel Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi all!

I am using my NI products in MainStage for live performances. For some instruments, eg. Vintage Organs, there are presets (incl. draw bar settings) that can be selected by pressing a note.

To save memory, I use the same channel strips in several patches, and usually 1 patch is used for 1 song.

To select different organ settings per song, I simply need to select the patch, press the right note and start playing.

Now I wonder if it would be possible to automate the preset selection for each patch. So, I think I need to automate pressing a note after selecting a patch.

Does anyone have smart solution to this?

Thanks!

Edgar

Best Answer

• EdgarVanEersel
    Answer ✓

Correct.

I found there is a midi ‘scripter’ plug-in I’ll investigate.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023

So you can't set those drawbars manually and then save that as a snapshot, and have several snapshots at the ready, rather than use the keyswitches?

Never used the instrument, but I have the Vintage manual. Gonna check it out and see if I'm kookoo.

• Gee_Flat

I guess this is really a question about 'Mainstage Automation' and not Kontakt. Oh well, I didn't quite get it at first.

NULL and VOID! 😊

• EdgarVanEersel

Yes indeed, about Mainstage automation. I hope someone is using the same setup and has a solution to this 😊

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

I think of automation as something that happens along a timeline, but what you're seeking is a script that creates a macro, or in other words, a function that triggers multiple events.

• EdgarVanEersel
    Answer ✓

Correct.

I found there is a midi ‘scripter’ plug-in I’ll investigate.