Can the f-p-cresc patches in Session Horns Pro be set to the tempo of the track?

jimchik
jimchik Member Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

That's my question... if it's possible, I can't find where to tell SHP or Kontakt to sync to the track. Normally it's easy to find (if it's possible).

Thanks in advance for anything helpful.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jimchik
    Answer ✓

ok. Thanks. I had already turned on the time stretching. In comparing playback with it on and off, there was a slight difference in length, but also lower quality on the attack, which makes sense given that the sample’s being pulled a bit. The track here is in 6/8, with the click on each dotted 1/4, fwiw.

thanks again. I’ll have to go to a straight articulation and use CC’s for the dynamics, as usual.

best

Answers

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

IIRC, the crescendo is always fixed on either two or four beats length. Workaround would be to set host tempo so that the desired length plays, then bounce and use as sample.

• jimchik

thanks for the reply… but that’s the essence of my question. Unlike with other Kontakt instruments, I don’t see where to tell SHP to sync to the host tempo. In fact, I always thought that Kontakt (using the latest version) had always synced automatically.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

you click on time stretchfor that

from the manual

If you activate Time Stretching in the Control view, the dynamic process will

be stretched so that it always matches the tempo you have set in your host sequencer

or in the KONTAKT Master Editor.

• jimchik
    Answer ✓

ok. Thanks. I had already turned on the time stretching. In comparing playback with it on and off, there was a slight difference in length, but also lower quality on the attack, which makes sense given that the sample’s being pulled a bit. The track here is in 6/8, with the click on each dotted 1/4, fwiw.

thanks again. I’ll have to go to a straight articulation and use CC’s for the dynamics, as usual.

best