Kontakt 7 FX section reactivates whenever project file is reopened

Options
Sykkorax
Sykkorax Member Posts: 3 Member

Whenever I load a library in Kontakt 7 that has the interface with an FX button in the upper right corner, and the FX section on its own screen, I am experiencing a bug.

If I open a Kontakt Library (Hypha, Band, Choir have all shown this issue) and turn off the FX, and then close and reopen the project (in Studio One Pro 6, or FL Studio 21), the FX reactivate, even though the button stays greyed out. I am forced to click the FX on, then off again to turn them off. In every Kontakt instance in the project. This, for me, is a pretty significant problem.

Intel Macbook Pro, 2020, fully updated (Ventura 13.2.1) with all products updated via Native Access. Tested in Studio One v6 and FL Studio v21.

I registered a support request, but thought I'd see if anyone else had encountered this and possibly found a solution. This issue was brought up on a Discord server I'm part of, so I'm not the only one experiencing it.

Thanks!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Options

Have you tried saving the library with the FX disabled prior to saving the project?

• Sykkorax
    Sykkorax Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

If I save a new patch/preset, it saves the state. But then if I load that preset and turn off the FX section using the front panel button, it turns back on whenever I reload the project.

The best workaround is not to turn off the FX as a group, but to go to the FX panel in the instrument and turn off every one individually. Doing this will make them stay off, it's just a bit annoying.