Nab
Nab Member Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2023 in Maschine

Hello All

Mashine mk3

PC i7 32go 2ToHDssd

I have this problem :

My PC often crash and then with blue screen " watchdog violation "

I readed that the problem is maybe from the USB.

Is there anybody who had this problem ?

Thanks for reading.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

i once had the problem and solution 6 of this page helped in my case: https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/dpc-watchdog-violation.html?amp=

• Jon Watte
    Jon Watte Member Posts: 77 Advisor

Any hardware driver on your system can cause a watchdog violation if there's a bug in the hardware or the drivers for the hardware. Even software-only systems, like firewalls, viruses, anti-virus, hacking tools, anti-cheating tools, cheating tools and so on can cause this if they install into the kernel (with administrator privileges.)

To know what the problem is, you need to post more information about the blue screen.

Specifically, if there are mentions of module names (DLL and EXE names) as well as stack traces (lists of addresses with module names) then that will help figure out which part is actually the problem.

• Uwe303

There are also some tools that can help to find the issue "bsod viewer" or "windpg" from the windows store. Or the windows "event viewer".

• Nab
    Nab Member Posts: 2 Member

Thank @Uwe303 i tried sfc /scannow but not working still the problem…

i will figure out with an IT friend.

Sure it’s from usb maschine mk3.

Thanks @Jon Watte i don’t know where to find the list of crash.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Nab Let us know how it goes!

• Uwe303

Have you checked also for bios updates, reset the bios and set it up again as you need it - i guess your IT friend will do that.

• _moreit
    _moreit Member Posts: 1 Member

I recently ran into this BSOD issue running Traktor Pro 3.8 using a Kontrol S4 MK2. What I did to fix it is run a PC Cleaner app to delete all temporary files from the computer, restarted the computer, and it was working right after. The PC Cleaner software I used was CCleaner (https://www.ccleaner.com/).

Hope this helps!!

• tresvano
    tresvano Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hello @Nab curious if your issue is resolved? I have same issue. Was working fine but blue screen periodically and I have consistent crackling popping in playback. Most frustrating! If I play directly from laptop via software bypassing MK3 hardware no issues at all. Just curious if you found solution. Thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine

This discussion has been closed.