offset and phase

locket
locket Member Posts: 14 Member

Hi, Im new to synthesis ad Massive x just been doing a synthesis course and trying to use what i have learnt on massive x. I am trying to do a basic wub wub sound with an LFO. What they do in the course is use symmetry or offset to bring the LFO up not going down into negative space, they move a sawtooth waveform so it is going upward so it goes up then shuts repeatedly so you get the wah sound. Then use the phase to be able to press a key and it doesnt cycle through the LFO it stays on the initial sound at the beginning of the waveform.

You will have to forgive me if im not getting the language right or even if this makes sense, hopefully it does.

I cant find a symmetry. I dont know how to move a waveform across so you can play the waveform at different points is that the circular wavetable position table? I can see phase options but when i move them or add and LFO to it it doesnt have the desired affect.

I realize it is probably to much to ask for you to answer all of this question if you do you definitely have my thanks.

I will have to start looking at tutorials specifically for this synth. I would love to do this sound though it sounded so great and I know I must be able to do a basic sound like this in it.

Much appreciated for any help. Thankyou.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

I made a quick patch, If you own maschine software you can open this and see for yourself, you can set an lfo to "remote", means not the sound note triggers the lfo nor does it run on it´s own, it´s triggered by a low "remote note", enabled in the tab left from "p1" (performer one tab). You can go really crazy with massive x,and it´s absolutely worth to learn it.

• locket

Wow thanks. I haven't got maschine though but I found a tutorial that teaches you everything in massive x and have already seen how you trigger lfos to play just from start so thats great. I found another tutorial where it shows you how to move the lfo forward i think. This synth is a beast seems like a good one to start on and learn thankfully there is plenty out there to teach me it. Thank you for taking the time to respond when I understand what you just said I will come back and check it out lol. Thanks again.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

just play some notes then some notes with a c-2 under the notes parallel and shifted, and you will hear it

• locket
    edited March 2023

Right ok thank you I will check it out.

• locket

Ye perfect brilliant thank you. You don't need to use phase at all. I'm suprised you understood what i was looking for with my complicated explanation lol most of the stuff I was trying to do was not needed on this synth. Only thing i need to work out is how to shift LFO forward to change attack but im sure if i even need that. Ye thanks so much thats great :)

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

"a basic wub wub sound with an LFO"

I understood perfectly 😋 My cousin is a wookiee.

• locket

haha well at least that bit was comprehensible. Thanks again.