Komplete Kontrol 88 mk2 unusable in Logic Pro x

Mgw
Mgw Member Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi can anyone help. For some reason when I load Komplete kontrol in Logic Pro any midi instruments will not play properly. Notes won’t play and even if you get them recorded they won’t play back properly. I’ve done countless resets within logic and re-download Komplete Kontrol but nothing works, it has now become completely unusable in Logic. The standalone works fine. Help!!!

Cheers

Mark

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,300 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Mgw I was out of office, sorry! I just created a ticket and contacted you by email, we'll need to have a deeper look in your system.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@Mgw Could you give us more details? What instruments are you loading? NI instruments? Which ones exactly? Other plug-ins? What is your operating system? Is your Mac M1 or Intel? Would you be able to make a short video displaying the issue and share it here?

• Mgw

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Yes I can get together the information you requested and I’ll make a short video if I can.cheers

mark

• Mgw

Hi Jeremy,

I've been trying to upload a QuickTime recording of what's happening but it won't upload. Basically as you try to play any instruments in Komplete Kontrol third party or NI the notes drop out or won't play, either when recording or playback. I've tried resetting key commands changing recording settings but nothing works. The system I'm using is iMac 3.5 ghz processor quad core intel i5, I have 2 x 4 gb and 1x16 gb memory. All other VSt instruments play just fine. CPU is around half and under when under load.

I will try and send a clip,

kind regards

Mark

• Mgw

Hi Jeremy,

here's the what's happening.

• Jeremy_NI

@Mgw Do you have the same issues if you load Kontakt instead of Komplete Kontrol ?

Make sure that Logic, Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt all have Full DIsk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Where are your Kontakt libraries installed? On an external hard drive? What format is that drive? It should be MacOs Journaled or APFS, as explained in this article: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

Can you post a screenshot of your audio settings in Logic? Preferences -> Audio -> Devices and Preferences -> Audio -> General

Waht is the sample frequency chosen for your projects in Logic?

• Mgw

Hi Jeremy,

I have no problems with Kontakt. Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt have disk permissions. All Libraries are on the main HD. Sample frequency 44.1 kHz.

• Jeremy_NI

@Mgw I'm so sorry, I lost track of this post and did not see your last answer. Are you still struggling with this?

• Mgw

Hi Jeremy no problem I think it may have been resolved with the recent updates but I haven’t had time to check it out fully. I’ll check it out and let you know. Cheers. Mark

• Mgw

Hi Jeremy I’ve tried Komplete Kontrol in Logic and it’s exactly the same, nothing has changed since updating to latest updates. What now?

Cheers

Mark
  • Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @Mgw I was out of office, sorry! I just created a ticket and contacted you by email, we'll need to have a deeper look in your system.

• JMVE
    JMVE Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2023

Hi @Jeremy_NI I am having the exact same issue as @Mgw .

When I try to play any instrument in Komplete Kontrol using my S49 controller notes do not play correctly at all. Only short jabs maybe a 1/16th note. I am using KK v2.9.2 and Logic Pro X v10.7.7 and Mac OSX 13.3.1

No instruments play correctly in KK. They work in Kontakt 5 but that is it.

I've updated everything via Native Access and no improvement.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

KK is in Kritikal Kondition

• Jeremy_NI

@JMVE What are your settings for Logic (general & audio)? Is it only happening when there is a certain amount of Komplete Kontrol instances or one is enough?

• Jeremy_NI

@nightjar If you have performance issues with Logic and Komplete Kontrol please get in touch with our support agents. It seems you din't contact them about your issues. http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert

Is this just limited to Kontakt instruments or the same with plugins?