Middle C is in the wrong position on my S88 keyboard

Sajan K
Sajan K Member Posts: 7 Member

All of a sudden, middle C has moved 2 octaves to the left. And only the first 64 keys can be played. My Komplete Kontrol App (Mac) shows 88 keys connected, but all the instruments show the shift of 2 octaves.

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,533 Expert
    Answer ✓

Well by "last 4" keys do you mean the highest register notes on the keyboard? This could mean that is the upper limit of notes so posibly your perception of "middle C" is not the middle of the actual keyboard range. If you press the Octave Down button to shift the range again do those 4 keys now light up. If so, possibly your "middle C" is off by 1 octave OR the loaded instrument you have (if it supports light guide) does not have a range above what you see.

Answers

• JesterMgee

Does using the OCTAVE buttons to shift the keyboard range help?

• Sajan K

What is shown does not reflect reality. Moving the transpose knob only shifts the band. It leaves the others out.

• Sajan K

Yes, it worked. I fiddled with it and it seems to work. Middle C is back where is should be. but the last four keys are not lit (but I am really asking for too much now). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Well by "last 4" keys do you mean the highest register notes on the keyboard? This could mean that is the upper limit of notes so posibly your perception of "middle C" is not the middle of the actual keyboard range. If you press the Octave Down button to shift the range again do those 4 keys now light up. If so, possibly your "middle C" is off by 1 octave OR the loaded instrument you have (if it supports light guide) does not have a range above what you see.

• Sajan K

Yes it is the last few of the highest keys. I tried moving the octave knob, but it does not go any higher. However, currently, middle C is in the right spot and all the lower end notes work well. Maybe I never really noticed that the last few keys were not working. BTW I was using Alicias's Keys and Pianoteq 8 as the instruments (both behaved the same).

• JesterMgee

"Octave Knob" ?

I mean the octave shift buttons above the Pitch/Mod wheels. If you shift the range DOWN <<<< it should push the whole keyboard back to the right and you would then see those light up because they come down into the range of the keyboard. It is likely that is the upper range of those instruments, no further range possible past that point.

Might also be a good time to get the cloth and clean your gear, looks a little dusty there :)

• Sajan K

LOL!! Yes, it's time I did that. Will give your suggestion a go...

Thanks for your response