USB No midi from Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

13»

Answers

• Custom Blue
    Custom Blue Member Posts: 33 Member

New cable did not resolve anything and I have not yet heard from support, although when I do I expect it will be similar to the reply from Jeremy earlier. Not looking good and have the feeling that a new controller is the only option. Looks more and more like a hardware issue, the cost of just sending it anywhere and the repair will I suspect not make it worth it. Beam me up Scottie LOL.

• Custom Blue

Having uninstalled and even cleaned the registry of Komplete Kontrol and reinstalled KK but my PC still will not see my keyboard. Strange thing is that the Controller Editor and the keyboard are talking to each other as I have just added and edited a Bitwig template and all my keys are now orange. My old brain is trying to figure out why some communications are working and others are not. Its going to be hard for me to part with this keyboard but its looking more and more like I have no other option. Grrrrrrrrr I contacted support on Tuesday 18th so I hope to hear something from them on Monday.

• Custom Blue

I think we can call this one a day and confirm that no solution found. Never had a mail back from support after contacting them last Tuesday (Support Ticket No 3620940). Lastly thanks to Jester, Jeremy and Gee-Flat for the help and suggestions. Onwards and upwards as they say.:-)

• Custom Blue

Heard from support who suggested the following:-

Reinstall Bome Driver manually :

https://www.bome.com/products/bmidi

Repair / reinstall Windows .NET framework :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2698555/microsoft-net-framework-repair-tool-is-available

Unfortunately these did not resolve my problem.

• Custom Blue
    Answer ✓

RESOLVED. Let me publicly express my thanks Niall who after several mails sorted the problem out. The culprit was CCleaner and the only solution was a completely new install of Windows 11. Within CCleaner when cleaning the registry you have the option to backup before making any changes and this I always did. I thought the solution whould be to do what CC call a Backup Merge, to before the Komplete Kontrol problem would be much easier than reinstaling Windows 11. Bottom line CC's Backup Merge does not work and their support is unable to offer a workable solution. Komplete KontrolS61 Mk1 is now working perfectly. If Admin could mark this as being resolved I would appreciate it.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Seems like an odd solution, but at least you know it ain't broke and it's working. 👍️

I always thought the owner has the ability to select the best answer. Your last post is the best.