Cannot get midi to work on multiple STAND ALONE kontakts

gay
gay Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi,

Yes i can open as many kontakts as i like, and the onscreen keyboard window works for all.

However my midi controller only works on the first one i opened.

In midi settings>inputs>status it is off and will not allow me to change ports. The off status is unchangeable.

How can this be fixed?

It seems the first kontakt window opened is holding on to the midi driver/not releasing it or something?

PLease help :))

Thank yous

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod
    Answer ✓

What about when you only use one Kontakt. Are you able to select your MIDI controller and choose the status of the input?

Obviously Kontakt was not supposed to have several standalone applications running at the same time. I'm curious why you would not use the functions of the multi-instrument in Kontakt where you can have several instruments that can be played by different MIDI channels and also their audio output sent to several audio outputs.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Probably by setting ASIO in settings to WASAPI shared mode. Good luck with the midi controller. Maybe the computer keyboard as your input device.

• gay

No that did not work. I think i never setup ASIO FOR ALL properly, would that be the issue do u think?

Thank you

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

It was a sarcastic 'good luck', but I know for a fact that the computer keyboard works with shared. Allow it in Kontakt settings.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod
    Answer ✓

What about when you only use one Kontakt. Are you able to select your MIDI controller and choose the status of the input?

Obviously Kontakt was not supposed to have several standalone applications running at the same time. I'm curious why you would not use the functions of the multi-instrument in Kontakt where you can have several instruments that can be played by different MIDI channels and also their audio output sent to several audio outputs.

• gay

Thanks Guys

Yes when i only use one i can choose the status.

Must be locked to one open unless through daw.

The reason to your Q is that im showing some friends all the beautiful virtual instruments i have, when they are open in different stand alone Kontakts i have a large screen of all the gorgeous artworks to each instrument and can just click from one to another to show them sounds.

It just looks wicked, like walking into a studio where you can visually see all these amazing intstruments and instentaneously play them :)