Native Access 2 Download Failed

Options
2»

Comments

• seve
    seve Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'll chime in to say that I've also experienced this same issue and have only sporadically been able to finish an installation. I fire up Native Access 2 almost everytime I open up my computer to attempt, and yet after updating from Standard to Ultimate over a month ago I've still not been able to get everything installed. It baffles me that this sort of issue can even exist - wishing that NI could just provide the installation links separately for the time being until this issue is resolved.

• jeffdavis0704
    jeffdavis0704 Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options
    > @"Paul A Gore" said:
    > At some point, we need to reframe what Native Access actually does. It is a stretch to refer to it as an installation program since it now no longer installs anything for many users (based on this thread and many others on the web). I like to think of it as a program that shows you the elements of Native Instruments that you paid hundreds to over a thousand dollars on - and the ones that have been improved that you won't be able to "Access" without considerable contortions and downloading other programs that make the Native Access program do the job it is supposed to do!
    > I've gotten into the habit of only updating my elements once or twice a year since actually getting them to install (with the contortions mentioned above) takes the better part of a half a day.
    > It is unfortunate that the company can't figure this out - even it means figuring out what is SO special about the systems of those of us who are having problems.

For products at this price point, it is ridiculous that so many people have these issues and the only seem to be "work arounds" and even those don't work for many of us.
  • Progman29
    Progman29 Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I'm continuing to have the download issue as well. No luck either by selecting a single update, or by queuing up all. Same thing occurs. It gets 99% through the download, then pauses just after getting a brief pop-up saying download failed. This only started occurring after NA was updated. I tried rebooting, clearing Native Access cache, killing all processes again with another reboot and so far after several days of trying these steps, I've only been able to update 2 plugins. NI, what is going on and how/when is a fix going to be available? This never happened on NA version 1. the NA release running currently is 3.9.1 (92457bd / 1.16.0.0). Please help.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    Options

If you have a specific problem with Native Access then my advice is to open a thread of your own in the appropriate Native Access sub-forum and give all necessary information including computer type , OS version , Native Access version , and any other info that might be of help including error messages! Or alternatively N.I. Native Access and Installation Support right away instead !

• PhatMonkey
    PhatMonkey Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Same problem here, started few days ago, download failed on available updates

• Simon A. Billington
    Simon A. Billington Member Posts: 49 Member
    Options

All the way downunder in Australia, the data has to travel a long way bouncing through a multitude of interconnected servers... It's hard not to experience periodic dropouts.

• Markdvc
    Markdvc Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Since I started using a Mac Studio in late 2022 I have experienced frequent and continuous problems with downloads failing with Native Access. I just updated to 3.9.1 (rather, I was told that the upgrade would be implemented on restart). Didn't help though - native access is still as unreliable and non functioning as ever. Could we at least have access to the download files to be able to avoid this nonsense?

• Markdvc
    Markdvc Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I have been staring at this for over an hour - after restarting three or more times due to download failed messages. All the NI stuff I listed under system settings-privacy and security - full disk access has been granted full disk access, don't know what else to do. Going through the process of opening a ticket here, there does not seem to be any way to select native access....

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    Options

Contact using this link : N.I. Native Access and Installation Support and login using your password when asked !

Then click the Get Support ! + Contact Support

Then answer like this !:

1. Mac OS

2. Doesn't help

3. Yes

4. NO

5. NO

6. NO

7. NO

8. B I want to create a support ticket !

• Simon A. Billington
    Options

I also had problems with this and the East Asia update. Likewise it's not a permissions issue here either. I even went as far as to to remove and re-add the permissions again as well experiment with changing the destination disk and folder.

Usually I would report issues myself, but seeming that Native Access looks like like it's still under on going maintenance I figured I'd just play the waiting game and hope for the best.

I can't be the only one with this issue.

• Tripecac
    Tripecac Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I am having the "Download failed" error with two of the products recently mentioned:

1) Session Strings Pro 2 (gets to 36.78 of 36.83 GB)

2) East Asia (gets to 26.40 of 26.41 GB)

For each of them, I get more than 99% of the way through the download, it says "less than a minute remaining", and then it pauses a while, and says "Download failed" with no more details.

Things I tried (which didn't work):

• restart Native Access
    • remove any Read Only permissions from all of my Native Instruments folders
    • change location of Download folder

I was getting the same problem with "Twenty Five" until Native Access said it needed to be repaired. After that, Twenty Five no longer appeared in my update list. Maybe that means the update eventually worked, or maybe it means Native Access gave up trying to update it.

Meanwhile, though, Session Strings Pro 2 and East Asia are still failing to update.

• Stephen Bish
    Stephen Bish Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I managed to relocate most Komplete instrument files from my old computer to my new. I did not have Session Strings Pro or Session strings Pro2 installed. When I try to download either, all starts well with an estimated download time of about 1/12 hours (40Mbit/sec Broadband). Pretty soon after though the estimated time starts increasing till after a couple of hours and about 10gig downloaded it stalls out. Says it's lost internet connection or something similar. My computer is still connected to the internet and the internet connection is working fine. When I click on the provided information link it give me all this info on rebooting my internet. Repeat "my internet connection is working fine"

I have also tried connecting via hotspot on my phone as suggested which eventually starts working. When I reconnect to modem it starts again sometimes, then fails soon after, or does not connect at all.

It appears to me there is some issue with the upload server used by NI. Maybe NI needs to check it'd own internet.

• Tripecac
    Tripecac Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I was able to "fix" the "Download failed" error by uninstalling the instruments that were giving me problems (Session Strings Pro 2 and East Asia) and then re-installing them.

So it looks like the problem is with the latest update for those instruments. Either the updates themselves are buggy, or the way Native Access applies those updates is buggy.

Regardless, for those of you still having problems (including my future self if this error happens again and Googling leads me back to this post), I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling each problematic instrument.

[Future Self] Hey, thanks a bunch, Past Self! You saved me a lot of time!

No problem, Future Self! Always here for you!

• Simon A. Billington
    Options

I wasn't able to reinstall after removing Session Strings 2, I ran into the same issue.