Exporting Play Series sequences to DAW

flubotti
flubotti Member Posts: 22 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

Is it possible to convert a sequence from the sequencer in any Play Series product(say Deft Lines as an example) into MIDI, then export it onto the Deft Lines track in my DAW where I can edit it using the piano roll? The Deft Lines sequencer GUI is very small, and is difficult to work with it on my laptop. It would just be easilier for me to edit/adjust the values of the sequence in the piano roll if it is at all possible. Would appreciate any help. Cheers!

Tagged:

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Ain't gonna happen.

• flubotti

Thanks Gee. I appreciate you taking the time. At least now I know. Would be nice to have that option, yes? One can dream......

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023

Most piano rolls have a way to step sequence.

Being able to press any note and have it play the sequencer at the pitch you're playing is easier and different than having a 2 bar midi event. And it's pretty cool that you can have one layer in the Play Series triggering a sequence while the other layer can react to chords you're playing.

• flubotti

Thanks again Gee! That's very helpful input. I hadn't thought of that, but your absolutely right. Will check it out. Cheers!