Is it now safe to upgrade to Mac OS Catalina?

DJ Senor Love Daddy
DJ Senor Love Daddy Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi everyone, I am quite new to this forum.

I have searched here for relevant information but have not come across it yet. Can someone please direct me to the right information if there is any?

I have finally managed to update to Traktor Pro 3.5. I have been aware of the risk of upgrading my OS due to using iTunes and XML for my music library. I thought I had heard Apple would work out fixes so that I could update my OS and still use Apple Music, now that iTunes is dead.

Or will I have to stick with OS Mojave forever?

Thanks Greg

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frank Kunz
    Frank Kunz Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

Hello, I am using a Macbook pro mid 2012 with Catalina, latest Traktor 3 update and xone 96 with 2x K2s and 2x turntables. I have my music in playlists under Music (successor to iTunes) and Beatport Link.

Except of the "normal" waveform freezes every 15-20 minutes, the system runs stably.

If you don't want to use Itunes, simply go to your music folder via the Traktor browser and load the folders (playlists) that you have created separately into your collection. From collection you can move them to playlists.

Ready ;-)

Answers

• J2D2
    J2D2 Member Posts: 23 Member

Hi I’ve been using traktor pro 3.5 and Catalina for years without a hitch.

I don’t use iTunes though or Apple Music.

I have my tracks separated in a folder just for my mixing. Which I have all linked into the tabs on traktor.

not sure if that helps you but might be time to ditch Apple iTunes.

• DJ Senor Love Daddy
    DJ Senor Love Daddy Member Posts: 2 Member

Great. I would like to ditch iTunes. Is there a step by step guide to doing this or did you just work it out yourself?

• Frank Kunz
    Frank Kunz Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

Hello, I am using a Macbook pro mid 2012 with Catalina, latest Traktor 3 update and xone 96 with 2x K2s and 2x turntables. I have my music in playlists under Music (successor to iTunes) and Beatport Link.

Except of the "normal" waveform freezes every 15-20 minutes, the system runs stably.

If you don't want to use Itunes, simply go to your music folder via the Traktor browser and load the folders (playlists) that you have created separately into your collection. From collection you can move them to playlists.

Ready ;-)