Find out which instruments needed after re-installation

Options
MacDoc
MacDoc Member Posts: 5 Member

Hey!

I reinstalled my computer, NI and my DAW (Reaper). Now when i open an old project in my DAW it complains, that the VST2 version of Kontrol is missing but will replaced by VSTi 3 version. Ok.

But now inside the Kontrol instances there's no instrument selected. Even no the ones, i have surely installed. Is there a way to fix that?

And can i find out, which instruments, Expansions etc where used so i don't have to install everything in Nat. Access?

Thanks and best regards! Marc

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@MacDoc From what I understand from your ticket, the issue was solved, it was just a matter of plugin administration issue:

It appears that the VST2 file for Komplete Kontrol is in the following location and looks healthy: 

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\

Please ensure that this file path is added to the plugin manager in Reaper by following these steps: 

Plug-in Administration in Reaper

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@MacDoc What version of Kontakt have you installed? If you update to the latest version (7.5.2) does this issue still occur?

• MacDoc
    Options

Hey yes, I installed all yesterday, including newest Kontakt 6.8.0 and Kontakt Player 7.5.2.

When i start Reaper, it says, the VST2 plugs will be replaced bei VSTi3 ones. Then in the track i open the Komplete Kontrol instances and they are empty.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited August 2023
    Options

@MacDoc There were issues with older versions of Komplete Kontrol dealing with Kontakt flavours (K6 full vs K7 Player). This was fixed with Komplete Kontrol 2.9.4. Can you check that this version is the one showing in Reaper by clicking on the NI logo in the plugin's window? Please also make sure that this box is unticked?

• MacDoc
    Options

HI @Jeremy_NI ,

Thanks for responding. The KK version is right (2.9.4). Indeed the checkbox was ticked. I unticked it. Then i reload the project, but still same error message and then empty KK instances. This is the error shown:

Best regards, Marc

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@MacDoc I've contacted you by email regarding this issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@MacDoc From what I understand from your ticket, the issue was solved, it was just a matter of plugin administration issue:

It appears that the VST2 file for Komplete Kontrol is in the following location and looks healthy: 

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\

Please ensure that this file path is added to the plugin manager in Reaper by following these steps: 

Plug-in Administration in Reaper

• MacDoc
    Options

Right, the plugins are now loaded correctly, thank you all together!

To find out on a later re-install which instruments where used, i will now rename the instances inside Reaper to that instrument.

Thanks and best regards!

Marc