KK v 2.9.3 not able to open in LOGIC anymore.

Options

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,818 mod
    Options

I thought it just came out so I usually hold off to see how the new release goes before installing. I noticed in another thread someone is having some problems of a different nature since updating to 13.4 so there may be a link.

• Kymeia
    Options

Does it still crash if you open Logic in Rosetta mode?

• JESOUNDS
    JESOUNDS Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Same problem here. Still broken after updating the plugin.

I had the problem om Ventura 13.3 as well, and then I updated to 13.4 and the problem was still there.

Logic still crashes, or as LukeKeywalker says, It prompts me to quit (or recover) Logic Pro because it MIGHT crash.

• JESOUNDS
    Options

It worked just now starting Logic in Rosetta.

• Kymeia
    Options

OK that rules out the 13.4 hypothesis I guess :)

The fact that it works under Rosetta is interesting though.

• Kymeia
    Options

Someone with the same problem fixed it by deleting the Logic Plist and controller settings but I realise that is not always an option

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/75303#Comment_75303

• JESOUNDS
    Options

I have tried that as well. At least before the update of KK that came out today...

I just tried it on my MacBook Pro with the same specs as my iMac. It runs smoothly there...

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yeah that's the problem, I can't replicate it either, I can't even make KK crash in Logic on my system (Ventura 13.3, M1 MacStudio Max). So it seems to be something specific just to certain configurations which makes it harder for NI to narrow it down. I guess the released bug fix was based on a hunch about what that might be, but it isn't working for yourselves.

• LukeKeywalker
    LukeKeywalker Member Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

It's kind of similar to the problem of "KK drops save state after reloading project". It also affects only some KK users and until now NI couldn't narrow it down what those systems have in common that others don't have. Might be interesting if it's the same group of KK users who experience both of this problems. In my case it is.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/63177#Comment_63177

• Kymeia
    Options

Yeah maybe. Just a pity in both situations there is not a crash report being generated as that would be helpful. There must be some common factor for the systems experiencing this.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Options

I'll create tickets for affected users here and contact them by email, so we can have a deeper look on the issue and the system files. Let me know who wants to.

• vonbieker
    vonbieker Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have started having this problem as well - can't open Komplete Kontrol in Logic but CAN open in standalone. 2.9.4 did not fix for me. I'm on Ventura 13.4. It was happening with 2.9.3 on 13.3 too I believe. I was able to use Komplete Kontrol for about a week and then all of a sudden not.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Options

@LukeKeywalker @vonbieker I contacted you by email regarding this issue, we need to investigate this issue.

• Zuuti
    Zuuti Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I'm on 13.4 and the latest Komplete Kontrol update and the issue persists