Reaktor M->1 Router bug

ART
ART Member Posts: 10 Member

hi there, I'm trying to use the M->1 module but the POS input doesn't seem to change the output between the 2 constant values that i have on the input ports. the value changes when i delete the wire on the output or change the module to mono but it won't switch dynamically via any controls to the POS port. any suggestions? thanks.

Best Answer

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

A constant value always needs a trigger at M->1 Router.

Do you try to use the Value module? Set on Trig a connection from Pos and on In your constant.

Answers

• Paule
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

A constant value always needs a trigger at M->1 Router.

Do you try to use the Value module? Set on Trig a connection from Pos and on In your constant.

• ART
    ART Member Posts: 10 Member

thanks very much for that Paule, that's working fine now

• Paule

You can use also a Selector instead of Router M->1.

• errorsmith
    errorsmith Member Posts: 25 Helper

The 'Selector' module is the better choice here.

If you want to use the Router and latches you should use an order module to make sure that the event from the fader arrives first at the 'pos' input and then latches the constants. If you don't use the order module the order depends on which of the cable is connected first! Which is not a good programming style as you cannot see which cable was created first.

An experiment: Set 'Step Size' of the Fader to 1. Then connect it first to the latches and then to the 'Pos' input. Move the Fader. The result is wrong. Then delete the cables and connect the fader first to the 'Pos' input and then to the latches. Now it works. But you really should use the order module to make the order obvious.